• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Disney Fans: Help me stat The Beast!

Fenris

Adventurer
So after watching Beauty and the Beast for the upmty-bajillionth time with my son, I started thinking: Wow, the Beast would make a cool D&D race. I thought, here is a low level aristocrat that, unarmed and unarmored, drives off a pack of wolves and later defeats an armed mid-level ranger!
Now I am not looking for a write up for the movie character per se. Rather I am looking at the race. And since I have no idea how to stat this out, I am calling on all the wonderful and creative peoples of this board. I have attached my background for the race in my campaign if anyone is interested in reading where and why they come from. But it is not important to stating out the race. Please note that I am NOT going to allow this as a PC race, but I would like an ECL since I will be leveling them.
Also, if anyone can help me with a better physical description, that would also be appreciated. My suscinct description had them as a bizarre cross between a wolf, a lion and a buffalo. Thanks in advance to all who help.

Attachments

• wojori origins.doc
    23.5 KB · Views: 107

Andion Isurand

First Post
I would make disney's Beast, a template that could be placed on any prexisting creature... a permanent, hybrid werewolf type of template that is a little different from the standard "were-whatever" templates.

Without doing any work on this, the Beast in the movie seems to me as an aristocrat who has been transformed via a wish spell in to an ogre with the ferral template...

That could handle a pack of wolves and a ranger, as well as be nice and hairy.

Ferret

Explorer
Lets look at the facts, the Charaisma goes down, Intelligence doesn't move, wisdom may be slighted as he isn't very quick on the go. Strength goes up as he lifts Garcon above his head(IIRC) also his constitution takes an equal rocket.

He has rage and improved grab. Garcon probably weighs 250-300 pound(I'm really bad at judging weight tell me if this is ludicrus) He must have 17-18 strength, he takes blows and shrugs them off this might not be to amazing, but he is most likely a 1st level aristrocrat and has 8+con HP not alot against at least 5th level ranger with near 15-16 strengh, brawling.

Thats 1d3+3 or at least 3-6 two hits and he is out, he must have 14 Con, but films show HP more realisticly then D&D, so He probably has 18 con as well, the dex is average, Wisdom I would put at 8 int 10 and Cha 6.

Fenris

Adventurer
Thank you all for your input. I was hoping to focus on a race of Beasts, not really THE Beast.

Clain MacFaileas, where would I find the ferral template?

Like I said, I was hoping to create a whole culture of these creatures. Any more help?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads