• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dispel on "permanent" spells.

Darmanicus

I'm Ray...of Enfeeblement
Yes spells made permanent can be dispelled by a caster casting dispel who's a higher caster level than you when you made the spell permanent however.......

Say I made a symbol spell permanent and then shoved it in a bag of holding or some other similar container, (gloves of storing?), if I were to be the target of a dispel, would it also affect the symbol thus stored?

Cheers.

mvincent

Explorer
Darmanicus said:
Yes spells made permanent can be dispelled by a caster casting dispel who's a higher caster level than you when you made the spell permanent however
Point of clarification: that restriction only applies to spells you cast on yourself. Other permanent spells do not require a minimum CL to dispel.

Say I made a symbol spell permanent and then shoved it in a bag of holding or some other similar container, (gloves of storing?), if I were to be the target of a dispel, would it also affect the symbol thus stored?
Anything that is in a bag of holding, portable hole or handy haversack is treated as being on a different plane (and so would be unaffected).

Gloves of storing are a bit different: they instead hold the item on the same plane (shrunken and in stasis). However, I believe line of effect would still be blocked while so stored (check with your DM though).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads