• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Divine foci for rangers and druids?

Dread Polack

Explorer
Oh, well that's why I can't find it. Thanks. I'll czech my PHB then. However, my druid lives in a sub-tropical swamp, so Holly and mistletoe might be hard to come by. We'll think of something.

Dread Polack

Dross

Explorer
Dread Polack said:
I noticed that the Summon Nature's Ally spells call for a divine focus. I don't recall druids or rangers requiring a holy symbol for anything else (they don't turn undead), so what is their divine focus supposed to be?

Dread Polack

While a holy symbol is the usual divine focus, Shillelagh (Drd1) has a quarterstaff as the divine focus. Sleeet Storm Drd3 requires a Divine focus but no mention of what type of focus, as does Spike Growth (Drd3, Rgr2).

But all deities should have a holy symbol so it would default to that. For followers of a concept, something appropriate can be picked by the player and/or the DM. Holy or Mistletoe as Frank mentions makes a good default druid holy symbol/divine focus because of real world and game history and precedence.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Dross said:
While a holy symbol is the usual divine focus, Shillelagh (Drd1) has a quarterstaff as the divine focus.

No, Shillelagh has a quarterstaff as the target. The divine focus is holly or mistletoe.

Sleeet Storm Drd3 requires a Divine focus but no mention of what type of focus, as does Spike Growth (Drd3, Rgr2).

The mention appears on p174, and says the divine focus for rangers and druids is holly or mistletoe.

-Hyp.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads