• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Divine Metamagic Rods or Wands?

Thanee

First Post
Sure. You only have to figure in the modified spell level and minimum caster level as appropriate.

I.e. a maximized Cure Light Wounds is a 4th level spell and should be costed appropriately (4 x 7 - spell level x caster level).

Bye
Thanee

Scharlata

First Post
Thalionalfirin said:
Is it possible to create either wands or rods with Divine Metamagic'ed versions of spells?

Hi!

I think the question should be, "Is it possible to circumvent the spell level limit [4th] for wands using Divine Metamagic?"

The expenditure of one turn/rebuke attempt does not change the spell level of the metamagicked spell, according to Divine Metamagic.

Will a wand of [divine metamagic] maximized cure light wounds cost 1*1*750 gp (750 gp), or will it cost 4*7*750 gp (21.000 gp) as normal for a maximized 1st-level spell?

Kind regards

Thanee

First Post
It will cost the same as any other wand of maximized cure light wounds, of course.

Divine Metamagic has no influence in magic item pricing.

Bye
Thanee

Pyrex

First Post
(Slight tangent ahead)

Why not actually integrate them? Ponder the following:

Divine Maximized Wand of Cure Light Wounds
PreReq: Maximize Spell, Divine Metamagic(Maximize Spell), Craft Wand, Craft Wonderous Item.
50 charges, Each charge heals 9hp (as per Maximized CLW).
Special activation requirement: In addition to expending a charge from the wand, the wielder must expend 4 Turn/Rebuke Undead attempts to activate.

Cost: 750(wand base) x 1(Caster Level) x 1(Spell Level) + k == 750+k GP

Problem is, I really have no idea how much K should be.

Remove ads