Divine Power Excerpt: Favored Soul

Shroomy

Adventurer
No hover though, so you have to move at least 2 squares, no opportunity attacks, and no shifts. Also, being knocked prone is a bit more problematic.

Mika

First Post
There is something I cannot figure out about the Favored Soul 12th level utility power that increases fly speed. How does a Favored Soul in the level 12-15 range fly at all? I cannot find any Avenger class power that provides even temporary flight. Without such a power, that utility power seems to be useless for a Favored Soul in that level range.

CardinalXimenes

First Post
There is something I cannot figure out about the Favored Soul 12th level utility power that increases fly speed. How does a Favored Soul in the level 12-15 range fly at all? I cannot find any Avenger class power that provides even temporary flight. Without such a power, that utility power seems to be useless for a Favored Soul in that level range.
There's no indication that the power requires a fly speed to begin with, so my interpretation would be that if it raises your fly speed by 4, you gain Fly 4.

ForceUser

Explorer
I was wondering that myself. I figure there are two explanations: one, it's a typo, or two, it's meant to work in conjunction with other sources of flight---boots, spells from other people, etc.

Mengu

First Post
I was wondering that myself. I figure there are two explanations: one, it's a typo, or two, it's meant to work in conjunction with other sources of flight---boots, spells from other people, etc.

or other avenger powers from divine power. ;) Not that the regeneration alone wouldn't be enough of a utility power.

I think it's an impressive paragon path. Favored action is very nice. Between Heaven's Shield and Astral Majesty, a Deva could have a lot of conditional AC. Flight is rare and powerful. All 3 Favored Soul powers are quite excellent.

cmbarona

First Post
This makes the Scion of Arkhosia PP seem even weaker by comparison. Unfortunately, I don't think it will be updated to reflect this alternative power creep any time soon.

CelticMutt

First Post
I remember that one, but wasn't the consensus that it didn't actually grant a Fly speed?
I don't know where you got that. The consensus I've seen is that it grants at-will flight as long as you move a minimum of 2 squares a turn, since it doesn't grant hover. Customer service agrees.

Remove ads