• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Divine Speaker (a bard variant)

edhel

Explorer
Oi!

I'm starting a Egypt themed campaign that's situated in Mulhorand in Forgotten Realms. The munchkin of our group whined about him having a boring character (a nomad, ranger/tempest) because there are three other fighter types in the group already. For the first time I got inspiration from his grunts and groans.

Divine Speaker:
Pretty much as Divine Bard from UA but bardic music (= divine speech) is restricted to perform(oratory) as he speaks divine truths. His speech can inspire people or command them (spells must chosen by this theme). Bardic knowledge is changed to divine knowledge or something like that. We use weapon groups so weapon prof's aren't a problem.

In exchange of some ability, Words of Creation as a bonus feat would be cool as it adds the divine flavor of his powerful speech. Although he could just pick it at certain level even if he doesn't meet the prereqs.

I think this character would be pretty unique. A young boy, an oracle, found from a cave then raised in the temple of Horus-Re.

Instead of some of the bardic music abilities, Words of Creation could enable some special abilities like the Calling (from Emissary of Barachiel prestige class), but I'm only starting to work on the details.

Anyway, I would like hear some feedback and additional ideas.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads