• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Diving into Starwars (SAGA), looking for adventures

lior_shapira

Explorer
My group is going to sci-fi this summer, courtesy of Starwars SAGA edition. Just thought I'd ask the collective mind which adventures/modules/scenarios are worth converting and running for my players? I saw there are lots of mini scenarios on the Wizards site, but if they're like their D&D counterparts I'm not sure they're my cup of tea.

So I'd appreciate recommendations :)
cheers, lior

[edit] changed title a little

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
Well, I'm working on revising "Tempest Feud" for my group. There are also LOTS of short-ish adventures on the WOTC site worth checking out, some of which should be fairly easy to convert.

Tempest Fued has the benefit of working in a lot of different eras. It's pretty big, though, and not designed for starting characters. I'm thrilled there are people who like it enough to want to do the work, but I wouldn't recommend it as a first conversion effort unless you're already familiar with it, and it's really want you want.

If you want to test the waters on conversion work, I would actually suggest nabbing something from the Wizards' achives of Star Wars web stuff (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/archives), which includes several short adventures for previous editions of the game. I am personally fond of Head Trip (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/sw20010419a2) and Death, Dirt and the Nerf Rancher's Daughter (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/sw20011018a2).

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
Thanks Owen, I will probably be running us all through some of the adventures on the WOTC boards to get us started, but once people are familiiar with the rules, I hope to move us to a TF game.

I asked this in another thread, but since you've responded here, let me pose the question to you: If I didn't want to run it in one of the "supported" eras, what would you think of running it in the Old Republic or Legacy eras?

The main problem I see with Legacy is what the Vong did to Nar Shadda, but I figure I can paper that over by claiming that after the Vong lost it reverted to its old, massively citified state, like Courescant has done (with the possiblity of a Vong-ish encounter if I wanted). Old Republic would have fewer of such problems, though I gather that back then Nar Shadda wasn't quite the massive place it came to be in the Empire era.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

I think your solution for the Legacy era is fine. You might even decide to move the action to a whole new world, and asusme the Hutt have "Shadda-fied" it in the time since the Vong invasion.

The Old Republic Era is a pretty big stretch of time, so clearly Nar Shadda will be more built up later than earlier. If you feel the Hutts won't have made Nar Shadda the mess it becomes later, you have a few choices.

First, you can assume the biggest city on Nar Shadda is a towering pile of laired labyrinth, even if it only covers an area the size of a state, rather than the whole planet. The action doesn't really move that much, so a single very built-up area is good enough.

Second, you could move the action to a younger Coruscant. In fact, the whole adventure could take place in different sections of an only semi-unified Coruscant if you want. Just assume the Hutts were invited in as refugees when they had to leave their homeworld, and they've created a massive slum of city-section no one else goes into. (Later, the Hutts will be kicked off, and flock to the growing Nar Shadda).

Owen K.C. Stephens
d20 Triggerman

The next volume is NOW AVAILABLE!
Loot 4 Less III: Belts, Boots, Cloaks, & Gloves

lior_shapira said:
Thanks Owen, I've been a fan since 'Bastards&Bloodlines' :D

Oh goodness! Well, I am very pleased you liked that book. I had a blast writing it, and I'll always love Green Ronin for being interested in publishing it. It was my first solo-written fantasy d20 book, and my first solo freelancer book that got published (there are one or two still sitting in vaults, somewhere, that I doubt will ever see the light of day -- and I'm not sure that's a bad thing.)

I sometimes think about doing a B&B rewrite with racial levels instead of massive ECL shifts for some races, but I doubt GR would want to produce it given the current market.

In any case, thanks for the kind words!

Owen K.C. Stephens
d20 Triggerman

The next volume is NOW AVAILABLE!
Loot 4 Less III: Belts, Boots, Cloaks, & Gloves

Remove ads