• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DIY GMs?

Are you DIY GM?

• Yes

Votes: 150 79.4%
  • No

Votes: 39 20.6%

mcrow

Explorer
I was just thinking about GMs who write/design some or all of their of the gaming material the use. Anything from setting, system, adventures, or maybe just modifying published settings/adventures.

for the purpose of this poll, I'd say you count as a "yes" if you, more often than not, write your own material or heavly modify published material.

So are you a DIY GM?

The_Gneech

Explorer
Yup, definitely. I create my own worlds, scenarios, and support materials. Heck, sometimes I write my own game systems.

-The Gneech :cool:

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
Nope.

Not enough time to put into it anymore and in my case the time that was put into it never really paid off as my players are more interested in the game than the extraneous details.

I use modified pre-written adventures and elements from the various setting books / Boxed sets that I own, helps me focus more on running the actual game.

Festivus

First Post
I have two kids. There is no way to work on adventures and run them. It's easier to just read what someone else has written and then modify from there.

The Lost Muse

First Post
I used to write my own materials, but don't really have the time since finishing up school. So, now I write my own adventures, but I mostly use pre-written materials as far as game systems, settings, etc...

Stormborn

Explorer
Yes. Because I actually find it easier to come up with my own materials than use someone elses. It takes me less time to homebrew than it does to feel comfortable running published materials.

Seeker95

First Post
I voted No. I beg borrow and steal just about every idea that finds its way into my game. The only thing I create on my own is the link between the adventures I take from other sources. No need to reinvent the wheel.

That said, I have tremendous respect for folks that can do it themselves.

mcrow

Explorer
SavageRobby said:
Need a "some of both" category; I'm right smack in the middle.

For the purposes of this poll there is no middle ground. You either use more self created material than published material or you don't. If it's a tie you'd probly fit in the "no" category.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads