• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Djinn, Savage, Cry for help, Read this version

Maximillian

First Post
So, I'm letting a player take control of an 8th level Djinn (a la Savage Species), five levels from completion of his full racial powers. I don't think it's overpowered in any way... His invisibility at will is interesting, but spellcasters in my game have been combatting this since 3rd level, so I'm used to it. His flying is quite useful, but since he opted out of flyby attack, not particularly more powerful than the party's (recently deceased) monk or the Air Elemental Savant who casts fly constantly. He's not nearly the fighter that the Barbarian, Fighter or Fighter/Custom Prestige characters are, and he has less than 40 hit points with a 16 con.

Frankly, what I'm concerned with is how, exactly, to treat the Whirlwind power. It's not vastly overpowered (not much damage, only picks up size medium and smaller creatures), but what are the limits?

Questions:

Can the Whirlwind be attacked?
Does it provoke attacks of opportunity?
Does it have damage reduction?
Is it considered a creature?
Do victims of the whirlwind have the capacity to take actions of any kind?
Is this an instant removal from combat if it succeeds?
How many creatures can be kept within the whirlwind at once?
Can you fight being dropped from the whirlwind?

In short, I have visions of this thing mopping up a battlefield and flying into the air and dropping dozens of poor soldiers... Any help would be appreciated.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads