DL1-16. Did anyone play the entire series?

Cam Banks

Adventurer
Steel_Wind said:
That said, Jamie Chambers of Sovereign Press announced that they plan to redo and re-release the original DragonLance classic WotL campaign for 3.5 D&D rule set towards the end of 2005.

Not sure if this will involve a re-write of some of the adventures themeselves (as opposed to simply updating the rules and stat blocks) but my expectation is that some of the modules themselves will be rewritten, rather than simply re-crunched by Cam Banks.

Anything you can add to that Cam? ;)

My lips are sealed!

The Silver Anniversary repackage is much more narrative and in fact, it removes a lot of the content from the original modules, in favor of a closer model of the novels. Surprisingly, it changes the ending of the novels and goes with one of the alternate endings presented originally in DL14. It's not a bad book, and you could run an exceptionally fine campaign using that in conjunction with October's release of the War of the Lance Campaign Sourcebook from Sovereign Press, taking care to note the subtle differences that crop up (like Ariakas' classes and who the highlords are at any one stage).

Although I own the repackaged DL1-4, DL6-9 and DL10-14, I really think they're a poor alternative to the originals. The first one is plagued with editing errors, misplaced maps, and other issues, and the conversion from 1t edition to 2nd edition was sloppy. Not one of the shining moments of TSR.

Cheers,
Cam

Remove ads