• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DM Buddy and other DM helpers

What is out there for DM helper software, in Excel or standalone?

I was looking for DM Buddy, but the Google results were only to this forum. The links in here were 404.

DMFTodd

DM's Familiar
If by "DM Helper" you mean Combat Management programs; there is my program - DM's Familiar, DM Genie, Roleplaying Master, and the GMGen portion of PCGen. Probably others I am forgetting.

If you mean Character Generators for making NPCs, advancing and templating monsters; then there is PCGen, E:Tools, RPGExplorer, RedBlade, NPC Designer, and others.

The Levitator

First Post
I use DM Genie and I will never DM without it. Not only does it have everything at your fingertips, but it makes combat so much faster and smoother. The campaign planner is excellent, and it has many other great features like a customizeable calendar, weather generator and very easy class, race and other editors so that you can add additional content. It is infinitely customizeable and expandable. There is a lot of support on the net for additional scripts too like Armor as DR, autoammo, use wands, disarm, etc. that are easy to add to DM Genie.

DM Genie takes care of all the mechanics so that I can focus on telling the story. In fact, my favorite feature in DM Genie is its autoroll option. We play diceless, allowing DM Genie to make all of the game rolls, and combat is exponentially faster. Not only that, but with DM Genie making all of the rolls, metagaming is greatly reduced and there is greater suspense as I can make any rolls I need with a simple click and without foreshadowing it to the players. DM Genie generates a very detailed combat log, so describing the action is extremely easy. We use several variants like the Opposed Roll variant and Armor as DR variant. And resolving an action still only takes one click. With the combat log, I can tell exactly what happened, if the blow struck or missed and to what degree, or hit armor or shield (or even destroyed them, as the Armor as DR script also tracks physical damage to armor and shields). I truly feel that it's the best thing to happen to D&D since D&D. :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads