D&D 5E Dm cheat sheet

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
I track their AC and Passive Perception to make narration run smoothly.

edit: save DCs are a good idea.

alienux

Explorer
AS a DM, my focus is on the everything except the players' stats - I let them keep track of their one character as I do all the environment and NPCs. I even ask one of the players to keep track of initiative order as I find trying to remember attack features for multiple monsters suffers if I am multi-tasking too many other things.

How many of of you DMs keep track of all your players' stats?
And if so, why?

I have a copy of their character sheet, but I only reference it for things like passive perception, or if they have a question about how a feature works, or what to roll. It makes it easier to help them, especially with newer players.

Shiroiken

Legend
How many of of you DMs keep track of all your players' stats?
And if so, why?
I keep track of bonds, traits and flaws so that I can try to drop those in when I can (less than I really wish I did). I also have everyone's Passive Perception, Insight, and Investigation so I can make rolls without asking. When starting out, I also have a match up of player to character name so that I can use character name in game.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
I track a bunch of stuff, but rarely reference during the game session. It's mostly to help me while building encounters.

aco175

Legend
I like the idea of having a copy of the character's ideals and flaws. This would help me tie in future adventures better.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
Does that mean you make encounters that specifically target their weaknesses on a session by session basis?

I try to equally target strengths and weaknesses. I also do drop-in sessions so those plans can get broken at times.

Let's say there is a task of some kind that requires X. I shouldn't plan that if zero characters with X are present. I may decide to have alternate path Y and Z though.

Remove ads