DM Combat Log, Initiative Tracker, and Character Tracker

The Guyver

First Post
Really great program. You went out of your way on this good stuff! I like the colors to help keep it organized but is there any way to add space between each separate char/monster area?

HappyJones

First Post
Overall it looks useful, but I'm having a problem inserting my PC's into the auto-fill table. Is there a way to create another tab for PC info that can be linked to the first tab via dropdown menu to select a PC's name? This could also fix putting people in Initiative Order? I'm not sure, just frustrating me right now.

Nytmare

David Jose
I couldn't figure out how to auto-sort this area according to the rolls, but all you have to do is highlight all the rolls in the 2 columns and have Excel sort it for you from highest to lowest and wa-la.

I'm not sure how well versed in Excel you are, but here's the initiative tracker I use. There's probably a bunch of stuff in there you might want to shuffle into yours.

[sblock]
Buttons down the left, are: Roll initiative, clear (clears the top and autofills the party information from below), move up and down (moves the selected character up or down in the initiative order, individual dice (rolls the associated die), roll bones (rolls all the dice in the bone roller at once), save/load (juggles preset parties or encounters with the second sheet), clear party, clear XP.

Green cells are where you're "allowed" to type in information. Entering something in the "additional" slot highlights the affected person so they're easier to pick out of the crowd. Damage entered in the "damage" column automatically gets subtracted and tracked from hit point totals, which in turn remind you when monsters get bloody and/or dead (by either turning red or greying out.)

The "Party" box on the bottom left is the main place you enter your party information (I keep track player ACs so that I can fudge rolls up or down as necessary.) The +% adds a percentage bonus to the XP total, and the XP totals are rounded up to the nearest value of 5 (I'm silly like that.)

The "XP Worksheet" on the bottom right is probably the most self explanatory. I'm not going to bother you with an explanation and more parenthesis (I'm lying, yes I am.)
[/sblock]

http://www.npzr.org/users/nytmare/dnd/Initiator.xls

[EDIT - also: voila - http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/voila]

Remove ads