D&D 5E DM needs help with outcome from using Cursed Wishing Gem

CAFRedblade

Explorer
Consider how powerful the Gem actually is regarding Granting a wish.. Can it do Time Travel..? As that is the current effect, travel back in time, a minute to several minutes ago, and intervene with a Featherfall effect on the body..

Maybe, in this case, due to being cursed, it takes the current dead body back with it.. and applies the effect.. so all they get is the still warm corpse... but the PC's wouldn't know what happened. Only that now two wishes were gone.. instead of one, as their memories may not have remained with the time jump.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
How about, in addition to a feather fall, the whole party gets a reverse gravity, so the friend slowly falls up, up and awaaay... while the rest of the team fall up... and down again....

Last edited:

Serendipity

Explorer
Two thoughts come to mind -
1. the feather fall spell occurs as directed; an obviously supernatural (black lightning, hot hail stones, etc.) windstorm whips up almost immediately....and blows the affected NPC miles and miles away - presumably directing the PCs to rescue the NPC...and encounter the lair of whatever awaits where the NPC lands.
2. (the nastier) only if the PCs are sufficiently powerful to survive this - the NPCs death is averted by the second wish, sort of. The npc's body has now been seized by Acerak who has magic jarred a fragment of his essence into the NPC. When the party rescues their friend, they are in for a hell of a surprise.

Sir Brownstone

First Post
Great ideas everyone! This was my first thread, and I am new to the forum. I really like to to brainstorm and toss ideas around with other people. I imagine that I will be back with many more questions in the future. Thanks again everyone!

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Two thoughts come to mind -
1. the feather fall spell occurs as directed; an obviously supernatural (black lightning, hot hail stones, etc.) windstorm whips up almost immediately....and blows the affected NPC miles and miles away - presumably directing the PCs to rescue the NPC...and encounter the lair of whatever awaits where the NPC lands.

I like this option. I would also say that it should go without saying that the adventure or whatever you had planned for them to rescue him originally should be made substantially tougher. The saying "out of the frying pan an into the fire" seems an appropriate perversion for a cursed wishing ring to provide.

Remove ads