• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DM Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gellion said:
He is 17.
Hmm...well, looking at most people I know my age(I'm 17 too), that seems to fit the profile. Powerhungry and out to win...

I can see you don't really want confrontation, so I'm not really sure what I can suggest. Well, you COULD start your own game. Don't run it like he does and show that you're a competent enough person to play the game and follow the rules more closely.

Gellion

First Post
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
Hmm...well, looking at most people I know my age(I'm 17 too), that seems to fit the profile. Powerhungry and out to win...

I can see you don't really want confrontation, so I'm not really sure what I can suggest. Well, you COULD start your own game. Don't run it like he does and show that you're a competent enough person to play the game and follow the rules more closely.

I would, i have a lot of ideas too. I just can never organize them into something useful.

Gellion said:
I would, i have a lot of ideas too. I just can never organize them into something useful.
Well...try picking one single idea you like the best. Something simple. And then just have the PCs going for that ONE goal. As they go, see how they act and where the interest falls. Put in enemies that could all possibly end up as a BBEG depending on events...and just...see how it all flows.

Tewligan

First Post
Gellion said:
Yeah, but then he would not let me play FF11. My computer sucks and so i dont have it on mine. :(
Oh, silly Gellion! When I suggest you take his stuff after conking him with a sock full of quarters, that INCLUDES his computer! Oh, sweet folly of youth...

Gellion

First Post
Tewligan said:
Oh, silly Gellion! When I suggest you take his stuff after conking him with a sock full of quarters, that INCLUDES his computer! Oh, sweet folly of youth...

Yeah, but i dont have any quarters. :(

Foundry of Decay

First Post
Really, its simple.

Don't play.

If this sort of power-trip megalomania is what he has to throw at you to entertain himself, it might be easier if you either find other people to play with (Like the other players) or simply not game at all for a while (It is just a game after all, and if you aren't enjoying it, your simply wasting your free time by joining in to such torture).

Considering he's not even following the rules himself, its pretty obvious that as a DM, he's out to show off and little else. Play console games, Play PC games (Baldur's gate series runs on lower end machiens quite nicely), but if you have to just get away from it. Otherwise it might taint you on the game.

And if you have to, simply inform him you don't have time to indulge his ego whenever he 'demands' that you play.

Gellion

First Post
Foundry of Decay said:
Play console games, Play PC games (Baldur's gate series runs on lower end machiens quite nicely)

Hmmmm, i might consider that. I think my PC was made around the time it came out(yes, mine is that old). As of current i am playing through The Legend of Zelda: Ocarinia of Time again. Ahhhh nostalgia. :)

jdavis

First Post
Gellion said:
He is 17.
I've got a 12 year old who used to get mad when you beat her at Mario Cart but she grew out of it years ago. That's not bad it's pathetic. Look if it's you and your friends gaming then just game at somebody elses house and cut him out of the picture, it's not like DMing a game is that hard (I ran my first game before I was 12), just cut him out of the picture entirely, it's not even worth trying to talk to him, he's got some self worth issues that don't need to be your problem. Any DM who gloats when a character dies is a moron, he's in it for some geeky powertrip, you got the rest of your life to game don't feel you have to put up with that kind of sillyness just to game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads