• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E DM question: Should I take it all back?

DMCF

First Post
When I fudge I roll extra dice. I tell the players I'm rolling for background things frail mortal brains would explode attempting to conceive. Usually I'm just buying time. As ideas flit through my mind and I check dice rolls eventually a positive/negative idea lands with a positive/negative dice roll and it all just seems to "fit". We don't look back.

My players seem to love it. They think that I let them get away with all their "crazy stuff". In reality a lot of it is the dice balancing my thought process. "Crazy stuff" has a 50% chance of a negative impact, but it's always in a fun weird way that we can all get along with.

For your particular situation, just take a dump stat of the player who made a wish. Lets say it's int. roll a d20. that is their new int. It could be positive but someone who isn't using the dump stat is likely better anyways. It could be negative but it's a dump stat so 95% of the time it's probably just hilarious.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads