DM Screen (homemade)

Jimmie

First Post
No, the DMsGuild is website run by WotC and the DTRPG people. You can create an account and post your custom D&D content for people to buy (and free or pay what you want are options). You can use anything in the Basic and SRD and, DMsGuild only, Forgotten Realms and Ravenlofy IP. You can check it out here: https://www.dmsguild.com/

Oo right, heard of that place, could just not connect the name to it.
Well, I guess that could be fun. Selling I think is out of question since a lot of the images I used are copyrighted, but for free can't put me in trouble I think. There was no such plan, but if you guys says it might do good for others, then maby I should consider it.
Judging by the next comment though, the DMsGuild will own the content after uploading? Or why would I have to delete the file from this site?

Jimmie

First Post
A few things you could include are:
Damage by level, and saving throw DCs (DMG p. 120, 249)
Improvising (DMG p. 249)
Targets in an Area of Effec t(DMG p. 249)
Mobs (DMG p. 250)
Food and water needs (DMG p. 111)
Wilderness navigation & Foraging (DMG p. 111)
Encounter Distance (DMG p. 243)
Tracking DCs (DMG p. 244)
Light sources (PHB p. 151)

Awesome, will look into this :)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Oo right, heard of that place, could just not connect the name to it.
Well, I guess that could be fun. Selling I think is out of question since a lot of the images I used are copyrighted, but for free can't put me in trouble I think. There was no such plan, but if you guys says it might do good for others, then maby I should consider it.
Judging by the next comment though, the DMsGuild will own the content after uploading? Or why would I have to delete the file from this site?

DMsG requires exclusivity. You can't post it elsewhere if it's DMsG.

Re. copyright violation of images, the price doesn't factor into it. You can't upload artwork you don't have the rights to to DMsG.

dave2008

Legend
Selling I think is out of question since a lot of the images I used are copyrighted, but for free can't put me in trouble I think.

That is a common misconception. You don't have the right to distribute copy righted material, even if it is for free. You would never know that from looking at the internet though!

Jimmie

First Post
I guess you are right, so, no more thinking about that then. Anyway, as I said, this was really just meant for my own DMing so no big deal. I'm just happy I can have some help to get good tips about it :)

Jimmie

First Post
Now THAT is what I call devotion! Well done! Love the font and design layout. Very nice

Thanks :) As I said there is still some work to be done and I will post the final version in the future. I have some plans for the "cover" or outside parts if you wish. A secret for later ;)

Remove ads