• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DM Seeks New Blood for Undersea Adventure [3.5e, IRC]

Aeolius

Adventurer
I now have two openings in “Heirs of Turucambi”, my 3.5e chat-based game, run Sunday nights via IRC from 9pm-Midnight Eastern.

PCs begin with 45,000 XP and must have a natural swim speed as well as the ability to breathe underwater without the use of magic. I allow the use of all WotC 3.5e books and supplements, so long as they are intended for the World of Greyhawk. No evil PCs, please.

My games tend to be role-play heavy and combat light, with an emphasis on story over stats. Entire game sessions may involve PC and NPC banter and exploration, without an instance of melee.

Set beneath the surface of the Solnor Ocean on Oerth, the World of Greyhawk, The campaign has visited many “Mysterious Places” of the region such as Turucambi, the Sinking Isle, and the Jungle of Lost Ships. Knowledge of the World of Greyhawk is not required, for participation in the campaign.

Be aware that life underwater has its limitations; typical potions are all but impossible to imbibe, paper scrolls will quickly disintegrate, and typical metal items are subject to corrosion. Many typical spells may not suitable for underwater casting. Treasure may be similarly altered, as many undersea races value rare corals, pearls, and shells far more than coins and gemstones.

The main protagonist is Xaetra, a benevolent night hag who recently ascended to the ranks of godhood, with the help of the adventurers. The antagonist is Diadema, the blackwater hag, an undead amalgamation comprised of the corpses of a sea hag and salt hag, and once the deathlock remains of Xaetra herself.

Diadema seeks to drain the sea itself, awakening three magical maelstroms created to drain water through a planar portal into the hollowed caverns of the lesser moon, Celene. There, imprisoned by Dagon, are the daughters he sired by his union with Olhydra.

TheShroud

First Post
do u use Fantasy grounds or anything like it to determine rolls? and I would be interested though I know very little about Greyhawk.

zauriel56

Villager
If you still have an opening I would be interested. BTW are there any classes your looking for specifically, healer, damage dealer, meatshield, party face, w/e else.

Last edited:

Aeolius

Adventurer
do u use Fantasy grounds or anything like it to determine rolls? and I would be interested though I know very little about Greyhawk.

I run the game in an IRC chat room which includes a die-rolling bot. As for knowledge of Greyhawk, it is absolutely not required. A passion for the sea is entirely helpful, though. :)

If you still have an opening I would be interested. BTW are there any classes your looking for specifically, healer, damage dealer, meatshield, party face, w/e else.

Entirely up to you, though the party is relying on an NPC for their clerical needs, at the moment.

zauriel56

Villager
I havent gotten ne confirmation on this so I didnt know if I was in or not and as today is sunday I thought it would be good to know.

Aeolius

Adventurer
Apologies. The summer arrived and my brain has yet to recover - I have seven kids, after all. ;)

You can catch up on some of the past game logs at ww.squidieval.com

You'll find a link to the IRC channel there, as well.

Remove ads