• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DM Types

What type of DM are you? (You can choose multiple types) (Read the article please)

• World Builder

Votes: 137 56.8%
  • Duelist

Votes: 60 24.9%
  • Plotmeister

Votes: 113 46.9%
  • Master of Ceremonies

Votes: 55 22.8%
  • Actor

Votes: 49 20.3%
  • Director

Votes: 107 44.4%
  • Provider

Votes: 99 41.1%

FireLance

Legend
I'm primarily a Provider, but I enjoy presenting my players with (tough but beatable) challenges, so I've got a Duelist streak, too. I also enjoy creating interesting worlds, plots and NPCs (for my own enjoyment, whether or not the players appreciate them), so I've got a bit of World Builder, Plotmeister, and Actor as well.

arwenarrowny

First Post
Definitely Provider, with Duelist being a fairly strong second. The next game I run, I hope to improve in most of the other areas, especially as a "Director." I'll be the first to admit that sometimes my games can be a little on the railroady side, and that the fact that I tend to cater to my players and give them good challenges is the main reason they enjoy my games.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
This would be a question best put to my players, not me. . . ;)

But I would say I am World Builder/Plotmeister/Master of Ceremonies. . .

I do have Actor and Director aspects as well, but not nearly as strongly as those above.

Mycanid

First Post
Really, every one except the duelist. :\

But if I had to choose two, they would prolly be wordlbuilder and then master of ceremonies I guess....

Ask spidermonkey :D

He could give better feedback for what kind i am on this i think.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Director/plotmaster/world builder

In that order I think.
I have found myself saying alright that scene is important to have, and logically flows from the plot- and yet would it be any fun? would it make a good story? what could happen instead that would be more fun? perhaps the villians don't put everything together, and react this way instead.... yup thats what should happen, and it gives the PCs a chance to change the outcome.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads