D&D 5E DMG - breaking bounded accuracy already?

malph

First Post
What this discussion tells me is:

If you like how kobolds can still hit high-level characters, don't hand out many items with pluses.

If you dislike how kobolds can still hit high-level characters, hand out many items with pluses.

To me, it appears the complainers and detractors have no case. Or more specifically, their complaint is a paper construction that's easily fixed by how you as the DM hands out magic items.

Don't complain bounded accuracy is broken and hand out +3 plate and +3 shields.

Don't complain how high-level heroes can be taken down by village farmers; instead hand out +3 plate and +3 shields.

To me, this discussion proves 5e is well on its way to both having the cake and eating it at the same time... since both kinds of D&D players can have it their way :D

The only group left out is the ones that like to complain about how broken bounded accuracy is in specific (and highly theoretical) cases which assume players can hand-pick exactly those magic items that push against the game's limits the most... :cool:

Dn1MB.gif

KingsRule77

First Post
What this discussion tells me is:

If you like how kobolds can still hit high-level characters, don't hand out many items with pluses.

If you dislike how kobolds can still hit high-level characters, hand out many items with pluses.

To me, it appears the complainers and detractors have no case. Or more specifically, their complaint is a paper construction that's easily fixed by how you as the DM hands out magic items.

Don't complain bounded accuracy is broken and hand out +3 plate and +3 shields.

Don't complain how high-level heroes can be taken down by village farmers; instead hand out +3 plate and +3 shields.

To me, this discussion proves 5e is well on its way to both having the cake and eating it at the same time... since both kinds of D&D players can have it their way :D

The only group left out is the ones that like to complain about how broken bounded accuracy is in specific (and highly theoretical) cases which assume players can hand-pick exactly those magic items that push against the game's limits the most... :cool:

... Wow. Like a boss!!

TrickyUK

Explorer
Despite finding 2 books, our fighter died against a purple dragon!

On a more sensible note: we have been in the depths of castle greyhawk and we have found some classic gear and a few cursed items. Our DM has been running campaigns in his Greyhawk for many years and we are now enjoying his sandbox. He feels that the new edition has allowed him to really make use of older material. So for him, giving out magic items is just a calling back to the golden era of 1st edition. Slave Lords, here we come...

Remove ads