• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DMG Screen Monster Knowledge Paste-in

galaga88

Explorer
I stumbled across this file while cleaning up some directories on my computer today; it's a print-out of a sheet I made pasted onto my DMG screen. I don't have the screen in front of me, but I believe I replaced one of the XP charts (not so useful in mid-combat) with a list of the monster knowledge DC checks and which skill goes with which types of monsters.

It also has two pictures that give examples of Burst/Blast/Wall templates in case you have trouble remembering them. I think I put them in because I needed to fill space.

http://tonytoon.home.insightbb.com/screen_knowledge.pdf
http://tonytoon.home.insightbb.com/DMGSCREEN.pub

Zinovia

Explorer
Thanks for posting that - it's a far more useful bit of information to have on the DM screen than some of the experience tables and such. I think I'll make a sticker to put on my screen, albeit without the spell shapes as I use hexes. Thanks!

kevkas

First Post
I took the liberty of making some minor modifications to your paste-in sheet, I hope you don't mind:

-Changed some fonts to make them look similar to the one used for the PHB.
-Added "(No Action)" to the skills and knowledge checks boxes.
-Replaced the background coloured boxes of the "Knowledge Checks" box with the ones on the "Monster Knowledge Skills" to have both of them look similar.
-Added the "Success" and "Failure" explanations below the "Knowledge Checks" box just to fill that blank space with something.
-Moved the Creature Types to the right side of the box.

It's the first time I use acrobat to EDIT a pdf (not the Reader) so please tell me what you think.

Attachments

• DMG Screen Monster Knowledge Paste-in 2.pdf
    420 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads