• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DMing A Dragon

Sidran

First Post
Namely as a Legendary dragon that has been trapped in stone form for the last three thousand years, and is soon to be returned to the scaly life by a player of mine.

A) which color dragon should I use for the full effect...(Thinking gold since the Draco will be a Divinely astute companion of a Proxy of a Creation Goddess. B) How should the dragon act towards the player who released him.

And yes I have already thought of the evil DM approach ( Having the ravenous dragon eat the player who releases him.)

Kibo

Banned
Banned
Oddly enough, I've generally played gold dragons something along the lines of how they suggest one plays prismatic dragons in the ELH. That said, why not go with a Prismatic dragon? It gives you a pretty good set of options to play off of. It's certainly formitable and impressive. Besides ever since that pick a path Rainbow dragon book I've thought it was a cool idea.

Sidran

First Post
Hrm sorry the Dragon was Turned to stone in a Battle some three thousand years in the past by a Human Sorcerer known as the Arazun ( Chosen in the old dwarven language then used by the Men of Grale) He went on to destroy a good portion of the Elven lands including the Capital city of Thoren-Arath.

The dragon (one of five) was already an ancient dragon at the time but simply failed to save against the epic sorcery directed at him He was one of Ten at the Battle of Millteinheim and one of Five to be locked in stone. Over the years the Dragons have become a Center of a Monument dedicated to the memory of those who lost their lives fighting against the Arazun, and in the last a thousand years a town and then a city has formed beneath the dragons feet. Millteinheim is now a goodly sized city centering on the Garden of the Five In the Palace, My Player wants to free One of the Five and Choose him as his Celestial Companion ( A semi Divine Gift of his Goddess ) The Dragon is not bound by the choosing but is able to telepathically link minds with the player and they can share a few things Other than that it would be like having a big talking lizard as a buddy from time to time.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads