DnD 4.0 in Austin, TX

Marcus Artorius

First Post
Since the new 4th edition of DnD has come out, my wife and I have purchased the books and are quite enjoying the new system.

So as a result, we'd like to find a group to play with. I can DM or be a player either one. We could even rotate DM'ing if you'd prefer.

What I'm looking for in a group and/or players are people that can play weekly, fairly regularly, on Saturday nights (usually after 7pm), and would be willing to go to midnight, and are willing to play for the long haul (I'd like to take the characters all the way to 30th level, but be in no rush to get there).

I would like people who are more interested in having fun, putting effort into their characters (I'm not a big fan of character death, but don't think your chars could never die...), and are willing to allow story and dramatic moments to trump the rules (not a big fan of rules lawyers). I'm okay also with newbies to both DnD and RPGs in general, as well as those that have been playing since RPGs were invented.

Initially we might see if we can play at Dragon's Lair in Austin, but eventually I'd like to move it to my place, once I acquire the needed furniture.

If any are interested, please email me at stardragon at msn dot com. Perhaps we can meet up at Dragon's Lair sometime and go over a campaign and characters.

Drake

Marcus Artorius

First Post
A little update on this... The game of course is going to be DnD 4th edition, with the setting, I was thinking of, at least to start with, running the published DnD adventures.

I might even throw in a few Dungeon Crawl Classics between the DnD modules. I used the DCC modules in my last game, and they were a hit with my group back when I was living in San Diego.

Eventually we may migrate over to a homebrewed world of my own, or maybe try out the new Forgotten Realms. I've never played in FR before, but I am intrigued by the new FR revisions.

Game time is not set in stone. My preference would be Saturday night starting at 7pm, but I might be open to Sunday afternoons.

And we can play at my place in North Austin, if people do not mind sitting on the floor for a few weeks.

Drake

Remove ads