• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DnD Classes and Races Book: Bard

ArtofSymmetry

First Post
Alright, so I found the most bad A homebrew (I think it is) book ever. I hope. I've never played 3e but I think this is some classes from 3e converted to 4e.
So even though I was asking about Warlord stats earlier, I looked at the Bard and liked it immensely better, what do you guys think about the Bard class as a leader? I think Bard works extremely well with half elf. I've only taken a look at the Bard section, and a few others (Just found it last night) so if anybody else finds something really cool post it.

EDIT: Crap I'm sorry, I forgot to post the link :eek:. Here it is
4E Classes and Races

It doesn't look too bad, it's an okay book. But obviously homebrewed from an older book. Notice there are no opening credits (Telling who worked on the book), and no advertisements at the end.

EDIT EDIT: Duh, look at the comment by the person who posted it. :eek::eek:

Last edited:

Alright, so I found the most bad A homebrew (I think it is) book ever. I hope. I've never played 3e but I think this is some classes from 3e converted to 4e.
So even though I was asking about Warlord stats earlier, I looked at the Bard and liked it immensely better, what do you guys think about the Bard class as a leader? I think Bard works extremely well with half elf. I've only taken a look at the Bard section, and a few others (Just found it last night) so if anybody else finds something really cool post it.
I don't know what book you are talking about, maybe someone tried to make another Quintessential Wizard book. I would not look too much into that book really, just wait until they release more about the bard to the public, or just wait for the actual book in general.

However, in regards to the bard, he is a good leader. The class is looked to be one of the better healing leaders outside of combat, not as good as the cleric or maybe even warlord in battle. He also has a lot of control focus for a secondary, which makes him more useful than a warlord in some scenarios. Though it is ultimately down to styles. I've heard from a few people that the warlord is one of their favorites as they can lead in the thick of battle going toe-to-toe with most enemies, seeing as that is the typical defender role.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads