• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DnD without Classes

SkullThrone

First Post
Here's a project that a friend is working on, I've seen the preliminary work and have been in the last round of play testers.

Essentially it is 4E, he likes to say, "4e, means for everyone", but rather than choosing a race and class, you choose pretty much just a race, and then you begin ala-carte customizing.

It was really interesting, where you can choose to be Feat-heavy or Power-heavy...you can even sacrifice in the area of defense and hit points to gain more abilities...it was a very good play test.

Open Gateways (where 4E means "For Everyone") by Northspot — Kickstarter
or
tinyurl.com/3dz8bo4

northspot

First Post
Thanks Skulls, I have officially launched the project, my summer is busy, but I still crank on this nearly everyday. I have a few artists getting involved, I'll send out names as they sign on, on the and I think David Wesely, the Grand Father of modern Role-Playing, is going to write the forward to the Core Rules book.

For those that don't know Dave, he created Braunstein (1967), which after he was drafted Dave Arneson asked if he could take it over. In Arneson's hands this morphed into the now famous Blackmoor campaign, which he approach Gary Gygax with about 3 years later.

Here's a link David Wesely - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads