• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Do editing/proofreading errors drive you mad?

Cassandra

First Post
In this thread in the General Discussion forum, someone asks the question, why don't more publishers put out an open call for editors? One publisher suggests it's due to budgetary concerns, to which the questioner points out that at least three people in that thread offered to assist in proofreading at no charge.

In response, we are offering a bona fide open call for editors, but under those terms. I am cross-posting this here for people who might be interested but who might not see the original thread.
Cassandra said:
Anyone in this thread who is willing to sign a nondisclosure agreement and work for comp copies of PDF products, and compliments, speak right up. I'll watch this thread, but you can also e-mail me through the forum or contact me directly by e-mail at: editor (at) tabletopadventures (dot) com

Halfbat

First Post
I'll jump on this bandwagon as well if I may. *

PM or email me, too, if you're interested, especially if the proofreading is coupled with a playtest offer as well. We mostly offer RQ OGL at present.

email editorial (at ) sceaptunegames [dot] co [dot] uk

Last edited:

Ilium

First Post
Posting to both threads:

I've edited/proofread a couple of small published products and will gladly work for comp copies :)

jim (dot) ade (at) gmail (dot) com

Saba Taru

Explorer
I've worked as a professional editor for several years. I'm no longer contracting with FEMA, so I have lots of free time now. I'd be more than willing to work for comp copies of any work I edit, and NDAs are no problem, either. PM me here at these boards if anyone needs me. :)

Saba

Last edited:

Seonaid

Explorer
I'm the one who instigated this whole mess (and damn proud of it! :)), so I'll throw my hat in the ring.

I've been freelance editing/writing for three years (I have references and samples), both in the industry and out. I'd be happy to proof/copyedit for credit and the right to take an excerpt for portfolio purposes.

You may email me through the boards; I cannot get private messages.

Hussar

Legend
My proofreading experience has been fairly limited to proofing papers for my students (I'm an English Teacher), I'd be more than willing to sell my skills for a free book. ;)

ableschool at hotmail dot com

4sticks

First Post
I would absolutely be willing to help out as an editor/proofreader for pdf's.

Feel free to mail me at:

kuraban (at) dodo (dot) com (dot) au

cheers

blair

Cathix

First Post
We have several projects that require editors right now; our last open call pulled in a lot of good people, but unfortunately the projects we'd had in mind for them got delayed and those folks are no longer available.

If anyone would like to get involved in a variety of cool d20 fantasy projects, email me as soon as you can! litlbeast AT yahoo DOT com.

And Mr. Jim Ade... Sean'll send you a note tonight; glad to see you around! :)

[Thanx to Cassandra for posting this!]

Remove ads