Do you allow murder within the party?

Do your campaigns allow players to intentionally kill other players?

• Always

Votes: 60 18.2%
  • Usually

Votes: 25 7.6%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 32 9.7%
  • Rarely

Votes: 109 33.1%
  • Never

Votes: 103 31.3%

IcyCool

First Post
Vanuslux said:
If a player tried to have his character kill another character over $10 I'd have to smack him.

Well, to be fair, $10 in 1925 is the equivalent of $114.19 in 2006, and given that it was a Native American man in 1925, that was probably a significant amount of his net wealth.

Doghead Thirteen

First Post
ha-gieden said:
(I don't know how to do a regular quote box):
You do the regular quote boxes by clicking the 'quote' icon at the bottom of the post you're quoting. You can then delete bits of it as long as you keep the '/QUOTE' bits in the square brackets, you'll see what I mean when you try it.

ha-gieden said:
That's not roleplay, nor is it fun. While my group would not disallow killing a PC for in-game reasons, we would definitely disallow it for out-of-game reasons. There's a pretty big difference.
See my comment about getting rid of the real problem player and the others growing up.

It used to be a big problem for us about 8 or 9 years ago. It's ceased to be a problem; if it happens these days then it's due to players playing their characters. My current group is pretty tight-knit; we only run into trouble with rampaging newbie players who've got no idea of either A) relative power levels or B) how easily an anti-tank railgun can convert a human being into a grease stain.

That one with the newbie hacker teeing off the merc? One of two PK's since the problem player got the boot. I can't remember the exact circumstances of the other, but it was again due to rampaging newbies choosing the wrong character to threaten/attack.

Remove ads