• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Do You Blog?

Frost

First Post
It gives me an excuse to write, write, write. And it gives me an outlet. Writing something is even more fun when I know someone reads what I wrote.

I don't assume I'm a great writer, or that I have any real wisdom or insight to impart. I just like the act of writing.

This sums up why I blog as well.

Herschel

Adventurer
Dear (public) Diary: I have become so self-absorbed I now believe there are large numbers of people I don't really know who give a flying rat's backside what my personal thoughts and feelings are. ;)

So no.

Last edited:

Bullgrit

Adventurer
Herschel said:
Dear (public) Diary: I have become so self-absorbed I now believe there are large numbers of people I don't really know who give a flying rat's backside what my personal thoughts and feelings are.
You post on this forum. So you apparently believe that some people you don't really know give a flying rat's backside what your personal thoughts and feelings are.

Bullgrit

Herschel

Adventurer
A forum is more like a mass conversation though. And I don't think many really care what I have to say, but it's a way to converse, albeit indirectly, about a hobby in an informal manner.

Pelenor

Explorer
I have an rpg project blog I started inspired by elevenfootpole.blogspot.com. I'm currently in the middle of rewriting Keep on Shadowfell but I'm slow on posting at the moment since I'm rereading and researching material before diving into it completely. The link should be in my signature but if it isn't it's aikidragon.blogspot.com

Dear (public) Diary: I have become so self-absorbed I now believe there are large numbers of people I don't really know who give a flying rat's backside what my personal thoughts and feelings are.

So no.

That's one way to look at it... another way is that blogging puts you out in public and lets you find other people you can relate to and discuss things that interest you...just like these forums do. I don't think that most of us are on a soapbox or that we like to "hear the sound of our own voices."

For example, like theactionpoint, I'm also two-time army vet with 2 decades of gaming under my belt. I bet he and I could have a very pleasant conversation about what it's like to try to game while on deployments that most folks wouldn't care to talk about. But if neither one of us blogs or happen to meet, we might never get the chance to have that discussion...

It may sound trite, but for me and my friends at Clan of the Grey Wolf, it's not about the three of us it's about all of US.
You dig?

Bullgrit

Adventurer
A forum is more like a mass conversation though. And I don't think many really care what I have to say, but it's a way to converse, albeit indirectly, about a hobby in an informal manner.
So you approve of someone inserting their thoughts and feelings into a public conversation on a public forum, but you think it's self-absorbtion to put one's thoughts and feelings on a personal web site? I just find that funny.

Bullgrit

Remove ads