• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Do you Cthulhu? Patronage project...open design.

Crothian

First Post
I had the same questions. There is a FAQ, but in a nutshell you'll get an email that points you to some hidden livejournal area to start off. Get your livejournal account and send it to them.

Where's the FAQ? I looked around but couldn't find anything.

pedr

Explorer
Here: Open Design FAQ: Patronage Explained « Kobold Quarterly

If you've not got your welcome message from Josh/Wolfgang yet, don't worry. It took a bit over 24 hours for it to arrive for me. I then sent Wolfgang my LiveJournal handle and within a few minutes he'd given me access to the private posts there. I find it helps, then, to 'friend' Open Design on LiveJournal - it means I can read the posts along with other friends' posts via my friends page on LJ.

That was for basic patronage - I don't know what the process is to get the extra level of access which senior patrons get.

Joshua_Stevens

First Post
Here: Open Design FAQ: Patronage Explained « Kobold Quarterly

If you've not got your welcome message from Josh/Wolfgang yet, don't worry. It took a bit over 24 hours for it to arrive for me. I then sent Wolfgang my LiveJournal handle and within a few minutes he'd given me access to the private posts there. I find it helps, then, to 'friend' Open Design on LiveJournal - it means I can read the posts along with other friends' posts via my friends page on LJ.

That was for basic patronage - I don't know what the process is to get the extra level of access which senior patrons get.

Same process.

Senior patrons just get access to view posts on LJ that are "hidden" from other patrons.

Senior patrons get full access to everything.

For example, the latest post allows senior patrons to submit their ideas for creating a major NPC in the anthology - Lei Peng himself in this case. Additionally, only senior patrons (along with invited designers) get to pitch adventures for the anthology.

Basically, senior patrons get more say, more behind the scenes peeks, and get to directly contribute to the final project on a greater scope.

Thanks Josh,

Good to know.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads