• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Do you have a website for your campaign?

Do you have a website for your campaign?

• Yes.

Votes: 76 58.5%
  • No.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • No, but I'm working on it.

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • No, but I would like one.

Votes: 24 18.5%

Liquidsabre

Explorer
Ezboard - mesage board here. It's restricted access, member-only for posting and hard to find for viewing. I gots enough tables, classes, etc. laid out that might get me in trouble if the site were made public. It's for private use only unfortunately. Occassionaly I'm able to share a document or two of a class or other stuffs skimmed off the top that is public-edible. ;)

jerichothebard

First Post
I had one, once, and then had a Yahoo message board. I took it down after we had a player leave the campaign and... yeah.

I am also a player in a couple campaigns that have Yahoo message boards - they're pretty cool if you're into that sort of thing - free message board and file hosting.

good stuff, really.

jtb

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Into the Greatwood is the framework for the eventual site. Most of the player-used links are dead save for the timeline, which will change. Mainly I did it to teach myself a little about CSS and to have a front page for what I was working on before it was derailed by other things. I'll probably do one for the Urban Arcana game, though. If I do, I'll post it.

painandgreed

First Post
I have a website for my campaign world I'm working on:
http://www.invisiblecollege.net/terrene/

For characters, onging campaings, etc. we have an ezboard shared between a large group of friends in the Seattle area and all our stuff is posted there in various threads. The thread used to call for players usually is kept for future contact such as when the next game is, when it will be canceled, or who won't make it this week. Each ongoing campaign typically has its own thread used for describign what happened. There is a separate section for posting characters.

random user

First Post
GlassJaw said:
Why did you decide to make a website for your campaign?
What type of content do you include on your site?
Do you mind posting a link? I always like to stea...umm, I mean look at what people have created. :D

1. I've been building web pages since 1995; it was a natural extension. Also I wanted a place where my players could get centralized info.

2. Session summaries (have slacked on some of them), maps, random background information, player journals... I don't have any custom classes or playable races. For being a homebrew, it's pretty standard.

3. Sure it's at http://www.cardplace.com/dnd/chosen (link is also in my sig... unfortunately I haven't had time to update the story hour in a long time).

Blue_Kryptonite

First Post
I have a website that details the major events and history of the world. My campaign's story arc has been runningi n play since 1984, so it saves a lot of catching up.

jeffh

Adventurer
Add me to the Yahoo group club. The Files section includes house rules and other rule clarifications much more than it does stuff about the setting. The mailing list is in practice most often used for things like arranging rides, though things pertaining to the games themselves get discussed as well. Here's the Files sections; I don't mind if people use stuff from here in their own games, but it's probably not in your best interests to publish any of it since neither I nor, in some cases, the original authors have released it under the OGL.

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Jeff_H_Mystara/files/
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/jeffs_game/files/

Samothdm

First Post
GlassJaw said:
Why did you decide to make a website for your campaign?

I've been working on my campaign world since 1988 and wanted to organize my boxes full of notes and such into one cohesive place that would take up a lot less actual physical space. It makes it easy to check on stuff, no matter where I am at the time.

I also thought it would be usesful for the players in my new campaign which started in May 2001. As it turns out, I was mistaken. My players spend almost no time looking through the site for information. They're all what I would call "casual" gamers and are as interested, if not moreso, in the food we order at the games than in the actual game itself (with one or two exceptions).

I suck at HTML so I do my site through geocities through a little program they have on there for the HTML-deficient. I wish it looked a lot better than it does, but I do the best with what I can.

Glassjaw said:
What type of content do you include on your site?

* A short four-page "World Primer" to introduce new players to the world and the campaign

* "Campaign Tools" which includes:
* The Adventure Log of each play session
* A short summary of each PC in the campaign with a link to the player's e-mail address
*An NPC Log, organized by city/country, of the main NPCs the players have met (names, title/job, etc.)
* "Adventure Supplements", like letters or journals they find, maps, etc.

* "PC Builder" which includes:
* A section on each race available in the campaign, including stats and variants for each race for each PC class (e.g., how that particular race approaches that particular class along with ideas for skills, feats, and PrCs)
* A section on the classes allowed in the campaign including OGC from 3rd parties like Green Ronin's Shaman class - this part is not really too fleshed out yet since my players are almost all newbies and stuck to the core classes
* Regions & Skills: a section on the major regions in the world (continents, basically) and each country within each continents, with a selection of "Regional Class Skills" (two skills that a character from that country can always count as class skills, no matter what class he follows)
* A section on new and revised Skills, Feats, Prestige Classes, Clerical Domains, and Paladin Orders (basically using the rules from Green Ronin's Book of the Righteous and holy warriors).
* A section on organizations (about 99% fluff/story elements)

* Religions with lots of info on the major world religions and the cleric domains associated with the various faiths.

* Magick with info on the magical traditions of each race, including some new spells and stuff. About 99% fluff/story elements.

* "The Chronicles": a huge section written as though by the voice of one of the world's sages, describing the history of the world, and 'interviews' with various different people he has met. All fluff/story elements.

* Contacts: how to get ahold of me and the other players, as well as links to helpful websites (like ENWorld and where to buy products online) and stuff like that.

* Resources: Basically, this is where I get in trouble with the OGL. It's a list of all of the d20 gaming products that I own so that my players know what they might have access to. It uses the proper names and such.

* Message Boards: a link to the boards

* Legal & OGL: This is where I put my d20 license and all of that stuff about copyright and what-not.

Glassjaw said:
Do you mind posting a link? I always like to stea...umm, I mean look at what people have created. :D

Well, the problem is, it's not technically quite up to snuff yet, both from my own professional standards and from an OGL standpoint. I have a lot of OGC on there (mostly feats, so far), but the problem is that I wanted to credit the source to try to guilt my players into buying the books I was using, so for awhile under each feat from which I transcribed the OGC, I put a note that said something like: "Source: The Shaman's Handbook by Green Ronin Publishing". That's a big no-no in the OGL, so I'm in the process of fixing all that. I just strongly feel that the source material should get credit somehow.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Napftor

Explorer
I have two, one for the old 2nd edition game and one for the current game. Both take place in the Fogotten Realms and feature little more than character profiles and extensive story synopses. Folk are welcome to steal ideas and characters from either. :)

As for why they were started, well, it's a matter of personal pride I think. Nearly all of the modules were written by me and I enjoy sometimes living in the great past that is good D&D memories. Besides that, the storylines relevant to any current module can be reviewed with ease by my players from the comfort of their own homes.

Below are the links. Please bear in mind that neither has been updated particularly recently. Feedback is always appreciated.

2nd edition: http://www.angelfire.com/games3/protectorate/

3rd edition (current campaign): http://mywebpages.comcast.net/3ecampaign/fra.htm

Remove ads