• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Do You Have An Ioun Stone?

Does Your Character Have An Ioun Stone?

• Yes my character does.

Votes: 63 26.4%
  • No my character doesn't.

Votes: 176 73.6%

Grimstaff

Explorer
Grimstaff utilizes the pale green and orange prisms. He's never had any problems with foes trying to target them, kind of a waste of time really. My bard, Kyn Kieran, has a lavender ellipsoid too. Saved his butt more than once.

jcfiala

Explorer
In the last campaign I played in (current in haitus), my character had picked up a couple of ioun stones. However, we were playing in an adaptation of a 2e campaign module which focused on ioun stones, which caused them to be fairly thick on the ground.

Before then, I can't imagine I had ever had a player with one, although I'd wanted to have one - it was satisfying to finally end up with them.

Crust

First Post
I'm the DM, so my character has never had ioun stones. :(

I've DMed many wizards, and the two that are most memorable to me are Kalex (elf wizard from our old 2E campaign... retired at level 19) and Khaltarah (another elf wizard who was just retired at level 29 last year). They both had several ioun stones to choose from. It's so much fun decking out powerful wizards with different magical items, and personalized ioun stones are a must! ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads