• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Do you have these D&D Minis? Rate 'em for me! Pictures welcome!

Klaus

First Post
I'm thinking of getting minis for my PCs. Three of them are pretty much set:

Female Tiefling Warlock -> Tiefling Gladiator (Against the Giants)
Male Dragonborn Warlord -> Dragonborn Champion (War of the Dragon Queen)
Male Human Ranger -> Human Wanderer (Harbinger)

For the last PC, a Female Human Fighter (sword and shield), I have a few options I'd like to narrow down:

Sword of Heironeous (Harbinger)
Pentifex Monolith (Unhallowed)
Knight of the Chalice (Unhallowed)
Alusair Obaskyr (Aberrations)
Ragnara, Psychic Warrior (Archfiends) <---- current choice.

So, if you have any of these minis, let me know if they're good. If you can take pictures, even better!

Last edited:

Zaukrie

New Publisher
The sword of Heironious is one of my favorite minis ever. She is very well done. But, she could be hard to get/pricey.

I don't think Ragnara is female....

Not a fan of the pentifex at all. I just don't like it.

Knight of the chalice is kind of boring, at least to me.

Alusair looks much better in person. She'd be my 2nd choice of the ones you listed.

If you post the question on Hordelings, someone can point you to a spreadsheet or site that actually breaks the minis down by sex.

If you can find it, the Thayan knight from Dragoneye is great, but she'll be hard to get/expensive probably.

Klaus

First Post
The sword of Heironious is one of my favorite minis ever. She is very well done. But, she could be hard to get/pricey.

I don't think Ragnara is female....

Not a fan of the pentifex at all. I just don't like it.

Knight of the chalice is kind of boring, at least to me.

Alusair looks much better in person. She'd be my 2nd choice of the ones you listed.

If you post the question on Hordelings, someone can point you to a spreadsheet or site that actually breaks the minis down by sex.

If you can find it, the Thayan knight from Dragoneye is great, but she'll be hard to get/expensive probably.

Thanks for the reply! My only two issues with the Sword of Heironeous are a) short hair (the player described herself with long hair) and b) it's very silver (the character will be getting a black-and-gold scale mail armor soon).

Ragnara is female. She's based on Ma'varkith, the Iconic Psychic Warrior.

Last edited:

Logan_Bonner

First Post
Ragnara is female, and a very cool mini. If she's a fighter, it sure looks like she's been adventuring a while with that shiny weapon and shield. ;)

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
Alusair or Ragnara would be my choice by a huge margin. Alusair is a little more medievaly (and a little better looking) while Ragnara is a little more fantasy-y (and a little more dungeonpunk).
-blarg

Remove ads