Do you love Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension?

Do you love the movie Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension?

• Yes

Votes: 37 78.7%
  • No

Votes: 10 21.3%

• Poll closed .

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
yeah a tried rewatching Sledge Hammer! (David Rasche) a couple of years ago and it just wasnt funny anymore
The pilot is hilarious and stands up, but yeah it completely falls off after that. Pretty common in 80's-90's TV. Im gonna get run off the internets for this but, Briscoe County Jr. is much the same.

Ryujin

Legend
The pilot is hilarious and stands up, but yeah it completely falls off after that. Pretty common in 80's-90's TV. Im gonna get run off the internets for this but, Briscoe County Jr. is much the same.
Yup, you're going to get run off the intarwebs, for sure.

Clint_L

Hero
I know the feeling. I remember watching certain movies and cartoons when I was much younger and enjoying them. But if I was to watch them now, I would look at them more critically and wonder why I watched them in the first place. 😋
Yeah, my kid wanted to know what made the X-Files so great, so we started watching it. We made it two episodes. Should not have started in Season 1. It was still finding its feet.

I should have started him with "Home" and scarred him!

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
There's a book. Unfortunately, I can't recommend it. The author has need of a strong-handed editor, or maybe an league of editors.

(The original novel, though, was quite good!)
Agreed with all of the above. I will also say the second novel was quite bizarre, and not in a good way.
That's ironic, because they're both written by the same person. :)
Yes, Earl Mac Rauch. The same person, but 37 years older.

Mad_Jack

Legend
Im gonna get run off the internets for this but, Briscoe County Jr. is much the same.

Eh, they kind of jumped the shark on that one when they started to get all mystical about everything and then made it about time travel and destiny. Up until that point, it was awesome.

Buckaroo Banzai totally should have been one of those films that eventually suffocated under the weight of its twenty-seven sequels.

Eh, they kind of jumped the shark on that one when they started to get all mystical about everything and then made it about time travel and destiny. Up until that point, it was awesome.

Buckaroo Banzai totally should have been one of those films that eventually suffocated under the weight of its twenty-seven sequels.
There is a parallel universe in which the fanbase are decrying the quality of The Thirty-Eighth Dimension right now!

Remove ads