Do you love Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension?

Do you love the movie Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension?

• Yes

Votes: 37 78.7%
  • No

Votes: 10 21.3%

• Poll closed .
I like you, Buckaroo Banzai. We have fun together. You have great characters, interesting plot, and camp effects. You make me laugh.

But do I "love" you, Buckaroo? I'm just not ready for that. That's not the type of relationship we have. I'm mean, you're fun and all, but it's not like you're some sort of cinematic masterpiece, or someone that I'll watch over and over again. Is there any way we can just keep things casual? I'll recommend you to friends.

Now, Buckaroo, don't take this too personally. No, it's not about Ghostbusters. No, it's not about Neverending Story. Dangit, don't bring The Last Starfighter into this! Its about me, okay? It's not you, it's me. Let's just leave it at that.

Lidgar

Gongfarmer

darjr

I crit!
I love it.

Watched something that had a snippet by one of the creators, not sure if it was the director. "We were sure we had a Star Wars on our hands" which is both wild and kinda sad and in some ways I agree.

It just needed that special someone to reedit the whole thing, I think. Maybe.

I love it as is though.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I haven't seen it since the original theatrical run, when it felt extremely OK, although the cast was obviously having a ball. I have generally discovered that going back to 1980s films doesn't work for me (obviously, a few spectacular exceptions apply), so I haven't bothered rewatching it.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Didn’t someone announce they had the rights to do a Buckaroo Bonzai RPG?

ETA: Oh, right. Gareth “Far West” Sharka. LOL. No wonder it never materialized.

Yeah, he was specifically going to start work on it when Far West was completed/fulfilled. I think that the license/rights probably reverted to the IP owner years ago.

Remove ads