• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Do You Often Get Beyond Mid-Level Play When RPGing?

Do You Often Get Beyond Mid-Level Play When RPGing?

• Yes

Votes: 107 37.8%
  • No

Votes: 176 62.2%

Over the many iterations of D&D, I have vastly preferred to play in the upper (teens through twenties) levels. Games that start in the lower levels tend not to last long enough to reach the higher levels, but not all games start at the lower levels.

Tallifer

Hero
As a player my dungeon master usually gets bored.

As a dungeon master, I am too stingy with experience points, because high level characters beak my adventurers so easily. But I did let my players reach 8th level: they have thus far bypassed numerous encounters, but I have learned that that just makes them happy enough to avoid feeling crushed when I hit them with the hurt.

Airship and Ghouls.jpg

My ongoing homebrew for Pathfinder is level 25, my D&D 3.5 Forgotten Realms game from years ago is level 54, Mutants and Masterminds 3e ranges from Power Level 10-20 with most between PL 13-16, New World of Darkness characters are nearing 1,000 XP on a 7 year old campaign. We used to play from noon saturday to 4am sunday. Now its more like 4pm saturday to midnight or 4 am depending on the GM. And my old Vampire the Masquerade character has around 500xp from playing every single day other than sunday from like 8am to midnight. Man do I miss my misspent early late teens and early 20's when gaming was the only things to do.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads