Do You Prefer to Play a Human PC When RPGing?

Do You Prefer to Play a Human PC When RPGing?

• Yes

Votes: 262 59.0%
  • No

Votes: 182 41.0%

buzz

Adventurer
hong said:
Hell yeah! The extra feat and skill point, and no favoured class, is golden!
Exactamundo. Until we started AoW a few months ago, I'd never played a non-human for more than a couple sessions (I played an elan and an ogre mage for about two sessions each). Now I'm playing a haflling for the sake of challenging my old habits... man, do they blow. :D

D&D is pretty much about humans, unless you need darkvision, whereupon you play a dwarf. :)

As for non-D&D... usually the same, though most other RPGs I play are humanocerntric (e.g., Champions). Granted, I play a living cartoon bulldog in one of our Champs campaigns, but supers opens up so many options that it's hard not to play something "other".

ThirdWizard

First Post
Nah, not really.

For a typical campaign setting, I like humans, dwarves, and halflings as my favorite races, with gnomes growing on me these past few years.

In Planescape games, I like more "exotic" (read: something we haven't done yet). Right now I'm playing a Spiker out of the Planar Handbook (LA +0!). Someday I'll play that Azer character I've always wanted to and choke down the LA... somehow...

sniffles

First Post
I've only played a human once in a D&D game, and it was only because the setting didn't allow for non-humans as PCs. I play fantasy games because I want to enjoy roleplaying something I'm not, and since I'm human I don't really want to be one in a game. The extra feat and skill points don't have any appeal for me.

Seeten

First Post
This really depends on if its 3.5e or not. In 3.5e, zhumans are the most powerful race, so I play them most of the time, but not out of a grand desire to be human.

Not really. I like humans and I've played several of them, but I wouldn't say I prefer them over all other races. I like dwarves a lot. There are more dwarves in my character folder than anything else.

No. Which is to say that I do not have a particular preference for any race (though I have virtually no desire whatsoever to play a gnome). That said I DO end up playing more humans than other races but it isn't out of an identifiable, overt desire favoring humans as PC's.

ForceUser

Explorer
The responses in this thread make me think that, with regard to mechanics, either humans and dwarves are too strong, or the other races are too weak. The choice of which race to play--human, elf, dwarf, gnome, halfling, half-elf, half-orc--should not be an easy one to make from a purely nuts & bolts standpoint.

Remove ads