• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Do You Regret Ordering Online?

Doc_Klueless

Doors and Corners
Supporter
I'm buying one complete set (the one with the slip cover) from Amazon and one set from the FLGS (Aero Hobbies, Santa Monica, CA). One set is a gift for a friend; the other is for me. My income is large enough that I can afford to buy two sets and I do want to support the local gaming community, but it's not so large I can just toss money around without feeling a little guilty about it.

Ok, it IS large enough to do that, but too many years of barely being able to buy food has left a huge mark.

Shroomy

Adventurer
I was starting to get anxious, but Amazon.com shipped my books tonight with a scheduled delivery of tomorrow (one day shipping).

Greylock

First Post
Walked into my FLGS today and picked up the set for $52.48. And that wasn't even money out of my bank account - I'd sold a few old DVDs, ex-wife's stuff. This is why I almost never, and I mean never ever, order books online if I can get them locally first.

Dice4Hire

First Post
I do not regret going online, because it is truely my only option. If I were in the states, I would have supported my local shop, even if it cost a bit more, or actually a lot more.

GrayPumpkin

First Post
No regrets so far, my ship date was always listed as the tenth, while I'm hoping to get it sooner, so long as I get it within the next week or two I'm happy. I'm saving 47 and change that's a good amount of dough. Now if I get that bull crap of waiting over a month like Mcrow did, well then it'll be not so much regret for ordering, but disappointment that I didn't get to save some of my hard earned money, as I'll have to get it somewhere else cause I don't want to wait that long.

BlackMoria

First Post
I live in the sticks. The nearest thing passing for a FLGS is 7 hours away by fast car.

Ordering online is my only option unless I am willing to travel 14 hours round trip and pay the fuel cost of that trip. Anyone keeping track of what fuel is these days?..... the trip alone would exceed what I would pay for the books at MSRP.

Regret ordering online.....hell no.

Holy Bovine

First Post
I'm getting my books at my FLGS tomorrow. I don;t really care what they will charge (but I know it will be lower than any other place in town) I buy 95% of my gaming material from them, they are friends, and one of the owners is in my 3E Eberron game.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads