• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Do You Want 400 New Magic Items For Your D&D 5E Game?

If so, you're in luck - because Paradigm Concepts is holding a Kickstarter to do just that! "Forged in Magic: REFORGED adds over 400+ magic items to your 5E campaign – from magical weapons and armors, rings, and shields to mystical potions, magical staffs and a myriad of wondrous items. Forged in Magic: REFORGED doesn’t just provide a list of items and their properties, but many also have a backstory on its creation or history. While these stories are set in the Arcanis: World of Shattered Empires campaign setting, the rich detail can help you place these in any published setting or your own home made campaign." They've kindly sent me along an exclusive preview of the upcoming book.

If so, you're in luck - because Paradigm Concepts is holding a Kickstarter to do just that! "Forged in Magic: REFORGED adds over 400+ magic items to your 5E campaign – from magical weapons and armors, rings, and shields to mystical potions, magical staffs and a myriad of wondrous items. Forged in Magic: REFORGED doesn’t just provide a list of items and their properties, but many also have a backstory on its creation or history. While these stories are set in the Arcanis: World of Shattered Empires campaign setting, the rich detail can help you place these in any published setting or your own home made campaign." They've kindly sent me along an exclusive preview of the upcoming book.

The Kickstarter launched earlier today. $35 for the full-colour book (not counting shipping) or $15 for the PDF. It's 160-pages, soft back, in full-colour, and stretch goals increase the size and upgrade it to hardcover.

FiM Page_Enworld Exclusive_final.jpg

PCIHenry

Explorer
[MENTION=10927]HAL[/MENTION]bred10 - Can't say I'm familiar with Fantasy Ground, so I can't answer your question. I'd have to research the proposal and see. I can say I've never been appraoched by them to include Acanis on their platform.

Thank you for your question!

ChrisCarlson

First Post
I was very much in the "I really don't think I need something like this" camp. Insomuch as I even read the thread and skipped posting originally. Then I came back after a while and read all the contributor posts and how great you guys sound. Passionate. Helpful. Friendly. Taking feedback graciously.

So I'm in. Just backed it. Good luck you guys. I hope you blow everyone's socks off and this becomes a wonderful project for you.

PCIHenry

Explorer
Thank you, Chris! We really do appreciate your support in making Forged in Magic: REFORGED as beautiful and useful a book as possible.

As you know, we've already unlocked the $11k Stretch Goal and now we're well on our way to upgrading everyone who has pledged at the $35 level or higher to a Hardback book at no extra charge!

This is a great deal as the hardback version will retail for $45 minimum (possibly $50 if the book becomes bigger) so you'll receive an instant savings of $10 or more.

Thank you again!

PCIHenry

Explorer
Thanks to your help and generosity, Stretch Goal #2 has been unlocked. Now, we're off and running towards unlocking the hardback upgrade.

We've also added a new Stretch Goal. At $15,000 we can offer the first in the Lairs series of short adventures. These adventures will be ideal for an evening's fun. They will include a full color map, in some cases a new Monster entry as well as feature an item from Forged in Magic: REFORGED.

The inaugural Lair adventure will be written by Robert J. Schwalb (Shadow of the Demon Lord, A Song of Fire and Ice, and a multitude of other great books) and I have no doubt, it will be both horrific, amazing and lots of fun!

Thank you all for your support and spread the word so we can unlock that hardback upgrade goal!

PCIHenry

Explorer
Last night with your generous support, you unlocked the Hardback Upgrade Stretch Goal - the one everyone's been waiting for. So what does this mean exactly?

$35 level Upgrade - Everyone who pledged at the $35 level will now receive a Hardback of Forged in Magic: REFORGED at NO EXTRA COST! This is an instant savings of at least $10 as the book will retail for at least $45 to $50 (depending on what additional enhancements are unlocked).

New Reward Level - This also allows us to offer a new Reward Level - a Kickstarter Exclusive edition of Forged in Magic: REFORGED with a faux leather cover. The number of these Kickstarter Exclusive editions will be printed to order and will not be printed in this form again!

$125 levels and higher - Everyone who pledged at the $125 level or higher will get their copy of Forged in Magic: REFORGED upgraded to the Kickstarter Exclusive level at no additional cost!

But wait, there's more - Our first Community Achievement has been reached, meaning that you'll receive a PDF of ten magic item cards with more coming as you unlock more goals! So please share and retweet and unlock all the other great achievements available.

Whew! This is the Update I've been looking forward to posting! And we still have 18 days to unlock even more Stretch Goals of new Lair adventures and another possible upgrade to the book.

Thank you again for your generosity and support! Let's continue forward and make this already great book even better!

PCIHenry

Explorer
Yesterday we had an amazing surge in backers, due in no small part to a post by Wolfgang Baur on Kobold Press' Tome of Beasts Backerkit email. We can't thank him enough! Thank you and welcome all!

As you can see, we've unlocked the first in a series of Lairs adventures. I received an email from Rob Schwalb letting me know that he's already started writing and it sounds like it will be a doozy!

All backers at the $15 level or higher will receive a FREE PDF of this adventure. The hope is that we can unlock enough of them to combine and create a Lairs book.

Thanks to your support, we're closing fast on Lair #2, which will be written by Patrick Kapera (Legends of the Burning Sands, Spycraft, Mistborn and other great products).

The $21,000 Stretch Goal will be the final enhancement for Forged in Magic: REFORGED! It will increase the book to over 200 pages and add half-page as well as full page splash pages to the book, along with illustrations of the new items that will fill those additional pages. Unlocking this Stretch Goal will truly increase the usefulness and the beauty of the book! This is going to look spectacular!

At $23,000 - we'll continue with another Lair adventure, as we push to get you an additional book (PDF) at no extra cost!
As always, thank you for your support and PLEASE keep spreading the word.

PCIHenry

Explorer
We're at the halfway point of our campaign and it's been an amazing ride!

In two short weeks you've funded the book, increased the page count, added more art, upgraded all physical copies to a hardback and unlocked the first in our series of Lair adventures, as well as being tantalizingly close ($30) from unlocking the second one.

That's a heck of a lot to accomplish in two short weeks! Thank you all!

So now we have another two weeks to get the book to its ultimate size and form - over two hundred pages and beautifully illustrated with full page splash pages and half-page sizzling action pieces, as well as unlocking enough of the Lair adventures to create a second book that you'll get FREE (in digital format).

www.tinyurl.com/forgedinmagic

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
The link to that site works for me. They sent an update to backers on Oct 21st. So, things are still moving along. They have been sending updates roughly monthly.

Hi ddaley, the link works but my comment was the site itself hasn't been updated since April, which is a long time in my opinion for a company with really any new products not to update their main site.

I could tell they were updating the kickstarter but since i'm not a backer I couldn't read the updates and went to the company sites in hope of seeing the progress and saw a dormant site I guess I should say.

Glad to hear they are in the works as i'd like to check them out once they are released.

Remove ads

Remove ads