• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Do you want/are you ready for a D&D 5th edition?

Do you want/are you ready for D&D 5E?

• Poll closed .

the Jester

Legend
There's been a lot of buzz lately about the possibility of 5th edition D&D.

I'm just curious how many people - regardless of your current edition choice - are interested in 5E.

Is it necessary?
Is it desired?

Vote!

(If you don't care, then vote "no".)

Too vague, too binary.

This is a "Yes if it's awesome, no if it sucks" question.

Mythous

First Post
I voted yes, however my main focus is Pathfinder largely due to the issues I had with 4th edition. I was a loyal D&D player/DM for years but 4th edition in my opinion was too much of a jump from what I considered what D&D truly was. It was more MMO on paper, which I didn't like.

I would give 5th edition a solid try with and open mind but I think Hasbro/WotC will need to rethink the system and look at what worked from the past.

jedavis

First Post
No for Don't Care. WotC has lost me as a customer as a result of their supplement-driven mentality. If they produce a core that I like, they'll run it into the ground with player content supplements. As a player, I don't have the disposable income to buy said supplements (be they books or subscriptions) to keep up with the Joneses, and as a DM, I'm not willing to deal with the crap that comes with said supplements (mechanically if allowed, dramatically if disallowed). If they produce a core that I don't like, then I could care less. It's essentially a business model problem; they could do wonderful, wonderful game design (hypothetically), but a constantly expanding game is something I have no interest in anymore. But that's what they'll build, because that's where the money is.

Stormonu

Legend
I had to vote "no" as I'm not currently one of their customers. If they wanted me back for anything other than Dungeon Tiles, minis or possibly a board game, they'd have to ditch 4E at this point and go for a 5E. However, that'd be ditching a bird in hand for a bird in the bush for them.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Necessary for your own gaming Nirvana was what I was going for there.

Oh, then definitely not. My Nirvana comes more from the people at the table than the system we're playing. Which isn't to say that a new edition might not be spiffy as all get-out, and something that I'd buy and be happy to play, but I don't *need* it to be a happy gamer.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
I'm a 'no - don't care' voter. I love 4E and play 4E and can easily continue to play 4E for years. But by the same token, I also enjoy looking at new games. So if 5E got released tomorrow, I'd most likely pick it up and play it.

Don't need it... but still would like to see it. Same exact feeling I had it 2008 when 4E got released.

steenan

Adventurer
I voted "yes" - by which I mean "If WotC want me as a customer, they better create 5e soon".

I like several new ideas they introduced in 4e, but the game as a whole is unplayable to me. So, 5e may be a game I'd really want to play, or it may not - but I won't know it until it is released.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Do you want/are you ready for a D&D 5th edition?

"Do I want"?: Nah. Not really. Don't care. It's not necessary for me to enjoy my D&D...but then, 3e and 4e weren't necessary for my enjoyment either.

"Am I ready"? How ready do I have to be? If you put it out, lemme see the books and see if I like what's in them. It's really a "ready" kind of thing.

There's been a lot of buzz lately about the possibility of 5th edition D&D.

I'm just curious how many people - regardless of your current edition choice - are interested in 5E.

Is it necessary?
Nope. Necessary for WotC's pockets, maybe. Not for my game/enjoyment.

Is it desired?
Nope. I'll look at it...if it happens tomorrow or happens 5 years from now...makes no difference to me.

Last edited:

Dice4Hire

First Post
No, not really. I like 3.5 and 4E, and I am worried that 5E will be even more subscription and less about the books than 4E, and I am just not willing to go that way.

Remove ads