• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Does anyone have contact info for Roger E Moore?

Dr Awkward

First Post
grodog said:
I'll have to dig up the last email that Roger and I corresponded from; this would have been sometime around 2001 or 2002. I don't have my home PC available at the moment but I will, this coming weekend, so shoot me an email and I can look after I arrive tomorrow night.

FWIW, Roger was 100% uninterested in gaming any longer, having sold all of his old stuff. He may well be interested in keeping in touch with old gaming friends, though.

Thanks so much!

She actually used to talk with him about writing fiction, and not gaming. He's still doing that, isn't he?

- DocAwk

Jeff Wilder said:
I find that almost inexpressably depressing. I gamed with Roger in Louisville -- this was several years before his editorship of Dragon -- and I would never have thought he'd "outgrow" the hobby. Now I'm beginning to wonder if I will ... my girlfriend would certainly be pleased if I did.
Man, I find that depressing as well. Although I never met Roger E. Moore, he was such a huge presence in the D&D world of yesteryear that it's inconceivable to me that he could *shudder* no longer game.

Grazzt

Demon Lord
Bond....James Bond.

(Can't have a Roger Moore thread without someone mentioning that [and yes, I know its not even remotely close to the same person :)])

JediSoth

Voice Over Artist & Author
FWIW, Roger was 100% uninterested in gaming any longer, having sold all of his old stuff. He may well be interested in keeping in touch with old gaming friends, though.

That would be most unfortunate. Wasn't Roger the one who wrote the article WAAAAY back about Tucker's Kobolds? If I'm not mistakens, he's mostly responsible for Kender too, isn't he?

JediSoth

grodog

Hero
Jeff Wilder said:
I find that almost inexpressably depressing. I gamed with Roger in Louisville -- this was several years before his editorship of Dragon -- and I would never have thought he'd "outgrow" the hobby. Now I'm beginning to wonder if I will ... my girlfriend would certainly be pleased if I did.

After he was laid off by WotC, that was apparently the final straw (after all of the difficulties with TSR during their decline/demise).

Akrasia

Procrastinator
grodog said:
After he was laid off by WotC, that was apparently the final straw (after all of the difficulties with TSR during their decline/demise).

That's such an injustice. :( Roger Moore's articles in Dragon greatly influenced the development of my views about gaming.

Napftor

Explorer
How WotC could dismiss the old guard (Roger Moore, Dave Sutherland, et al) is absolutely beyond me. They weren't responsible for D&D's slow 2nd edition decline era. She-who-shall-not-be-named was.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads