• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Does anyone have experience with GAZ10: The Orcs of Thar?

DMBrendon

First Post
I was thinking about using "The Orcs of Thar" to run some humanoid PCs. Has anyone tried this? They do give some options for shamans and wiccas, but even with those, there is not the variety that you get with normal D&D class/races. Thieving, and turning, for instance, is something that is missing.

Any suggestions for how to achieve more variation in player choices? Or has anyone run this sort of thing before and can give some hints?

Thanks.

xazil

Explorer
I ran a campaign probably about 18 years ago that was highly enjoyable for all involved, I don't remember all the details but can give you the campaign overview.

Basically we played it as a more roleplay/political campaign (I mean why else play monsters? :) ) rather than a normal dungeon crawl.

Each of the players was a different race, we did have a wicca and a shaman in there.

It started with the usual coming of age group hunt for the party. But moved on quickly to a more political style game where each of the party was working things out for their racial group in the larger tribe.

Then a dwarven army invaded their lands and the NPC chief threw the tribe at the dwarves who won. The campaign shifted again into a survial, tribe building game where in effect each PC became the leader of that racial faction. The PCs then sought their own territory and racial identity and power within the tribe before establishing a new stronghold which is where the campaign ended.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads