• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Does anyone have Of Ships & the Sea?

Shade

Monster Junkie
I'm working on a conversion, and it utilizes the following spells described in Of Ships & the Sea:

enhance water creature*
pressure resistance*
rapture of the deep*
Samprey's sensible sea sphere*
shell-skin*
withstand water*

A general overview of the spells would be appreciated, so I can approximate some spell-like abilities.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
I *think* I might have the book, but it’s not handy. However, I do have the wizard’s spell compendium at home, which might just have those spells contained therein… :)

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Bad news… I do not have that book, nor do those spells appear to be in the Spell Compendium – think it was published after those volumes. :(

Stebie9173

First Post
Spells from Of Ships and the Sea

Not sure how much I can post, but :

Withstand Water, Wiz Level 2, recipient does not get wet. Duration : Several days.
Pressure resistance, Wiz level 3/Clc level 1, doubles depth at which recipient can withstand pressure.
Samprey’s Sensible Sea Sphere, Wiz level 4, airy water, acts as helm of free action, can be used to drown water breathers.
Enhance water creature, Wiz level 6/Clc level 4, +1 to several rolls. +1hp/HD for elementals.
Shellskin, Clc level 4, skin hardens to chitin, variable natural AC bonus by level up to AC2 at L10
Rapture of the Deep, Clc Level 6, creates nitrogen bubbles in brain, increasing effects over 10 rnds with increasing dmg.

If this is too much (C) material, I will diet :\ ....ahem, edit :heh:

Shade

Monster Junkie
Thanks! I think you posted a reasonable amount of info without violating any copyrights. I appreciate the assistance.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Thanks, Jester. I do have a couple of questions:

Enhance water creature: Does this simply increase attack and damage rolls, or are other bonuses involved (besides the +1hp/HD for elementals mentioned earlier)?

Stebie9173 said:
Rapture of the Deep, Clc Level 6, creates nitrogen bubbles in brain, increasing effects over 10 rnds with increasing dmg.
What amount of damage does this deal?

Thanks!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads