• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Does anyone still play 3.0e?

Sayburr

First Post
My group is still playing 3.0. I bought the 3.5 books and as a group we looked over the changes and decided 3.0 was better. We thought the "power up" spells were OK. Don't like S,M, L weapon changes. Really don't like the fact that 3.5 came out at all just to make additional sales.

The final result, no one has bought a WOTC product since 3.5 came out.

diaglo

Adventurer
dead said:
1E lasted 15 years
2E lasted 11 years
3E lasted 3 years

your lengths are a little off...

OD&D was first published in 1974...not 1edADnD. Still the real thing. ;)

1977-1989 = 12 years 1edADnD
1989-2000 = 11 years 2edADnD
2000-2003 = 3 years...

Henry

Autoexreginated
Torm said:
...you know some marketing "genius" will realize this and in 10 years we'll have 7th Edition, no one will be able to agree on rules, and we'll all be jaded and sick of something we once loved.

Kind of like MAGIC: THE GATHERING, perhaps? :D

dratz

First Post
Still playing 3.0. We started late and are still working through the Adventure Path series and when that's done in a couple of months, we'll start over with the Freeport stuff I have bought and not yet used. Lots of 3.0 modules still on the shelf at my FLGS so if I need material, it's there.

Doug.

Psion

Adventurer
shadow said:
It seems that Wizards has been very sucessful with 3.5e. From what I've seen the old 3e is all but dead, superseded by 3.5e. I know people who have sold their entire 3e collection (worth hundreds of dollars) after 3.5e was released.

I use mainly 3.5 because, frankly, many aspects of 3.5 are better. And more importantly, my players are finally getting around to getting the books. ;)

I do still use many aspects of 3.0 as written: many spell descriptions, cover and concealment, face/reach rules.

Further, as far as "whole collection" goes, I'd have to be NUTS to do that. As much as I can give the nod to many 3.5e changes, I do not give the nod to many 3.5e supplements. There are a great many interesting and usable supplements and adventures both by WotC and third party publishers that have not been updated (and for which updates would be to minimal to justify a re-purchase) and/or which have material not updated or superior to material that appears in 3.5 supplements.

Psion

Adventurer
CRGreathouse said:
Wait... 3.5 is different from 3.0, but 2E and S&P are the same?

Need I point out that many people avoided S&P as well?

(I wasn't one of them... it's what stopped me from quitting the game and shifting to other games. Just sayin')

MerricB said:
And 1E and UA are the same as well?

UA for 1e is a bit more on the order of CW or BoED for 3.5e. New options (some of them overpowered) and the like.

Corion_Windfoot

First Post
I still run my play by post game with 3.0 If I had tons of dough i might make the switch but see no real reason to. Honestly I think it's up to us to change what we don't like about 3.0 to suit our games better. Isn't that what house rules are all about.

Vic

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads