D&D 5E Does anyone who got an mm at Gencon want to offer up spoilers to us?

Thaumaturge

Wandering. Not lost. (He/they)
I'm still recuperating from my return trip. I'll answer a few. No pictures. :)

Which yugoloths are in the book? Do they call arcanaloths arcanaloths or the weird 4e name?

• Arcanaloth
  • Mezzoloth
  • Nycaloth
  • Ultroloth
  • (With pictures for each)

Thaumaturge.

Remathilis

Legend
How awesome do the modrons look?

Do any of the monsters give "PC" stats? (such as for orcs, goblins, etc)

What does the half-dragon template do? How hard is it to apply a template (do you need to rebuild from the ground up?)

Ritorix

First Post
Looking through my MM, on the lizardfolk page and a few others it looks almost like a printing error. There is red and black text slightly overlapping that gives a fuzzy effect, like my glasses were off or something. Hard to read. Most pages look normal though. Anyone else with a MM notice that?

6NeICbK.jpg

Last edited:

Thaumaturge

How awesome do the modrons look?

:lol:

Someone is paying attention. I think they look awesome. Apparently, it's reused artwork, though. I'll be extra cautious, and just recommend you look there to see the pictures.

Do any of the monsters give "PC" stats? (such as for orcs, goblins, etc)

I don't see any, though they look fairly easy to reverse engineer.

What does the half-dragon template do? How hard is it to apply a template (do you need to rebuild from the ground up?)

• Gain blindsight
  • Pick a color get resistance/breath weapon.
  • One minor bit I'm leaving out.

It seems very easy to apply between turns of combat even.

Thaumaturge.

Thaumaturge

Looking through my MM, on the lizardfolk page and a few others it looks almost like a printing error. There is red and black text slightly overlapping that gives a fuzzy effect, like my glasses were off or something. Hard to read. Most pages look normal though. Anyone else with a MM notice that?

6NeICbK.jpg

I haven't seen anything like that, but today is really my first day to spend any significant time with it.

Thaumaturge.

Paraxis

Explorer
They are pretty boring, they are one of the many monsters that are in the free DM's Basic pdf on the WoTC site.
Here http://media.wizards.com/2014/downloads/dnd/PlayerDnDBasicRules_v0.2.pdf

Lizardfolk
Medium humanoid (lizardfolk, neutral)
Armor Class 15 (natural armor, shield)
Hit Points 22 (4d8 + 4)
Speed 30 ft., swim 30 ft.
STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA
15 (+2) 10 (+0) 13 (+1) 7 (−2) 12 (+1) 7 (−2)
Skills Perception +3, Stealth +4, Survival +5
Senses passive Perception 13 Languages Draconic Challenge 1/2 (100 XP)

Hold Breath. The lizardfolk can hold its breath for 15 minutes.

Actions
Multiattack. The lizardfolk makes two melee attacks, each one with a different weapon.

Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 5 (1d6 + 2) piercing damage.

Heavy Club. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 5 (1d6 + 2) bludgeoning
damage.

Javelin. Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 30/120 ft., one target.
Hit: 5 (1d6 + 2) piercing damage.

Spiked Shield. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 5 (1d6 + 2) piercing
damage.

Lizardfolk are primitive reptilian humanoids that lurk in swamps and jungles. Fiercely territorial,
they kill when it is expedient and do whatever it takes to survive.

So a bunch of attacks that are all the same +4 to hit and 1d6+2 damage, and they can hold their breath, same old school type monster that is just a sack of hit points. I would love to see a racial ability like a gnashing bite that grabs you, or a tail slap that trips, maybe different types of lizard folk that spit venom, or have chameleon skin.

Last edited:

Remove ads