• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Does Bigfoot(aka Abominable Snowman,Sasquatch,Yeti)appear in any of the manuals?

seramosa

First Post
Does Bigfoot(aka Abominable Snowman,Sasquatch,Yeti)appear in any of the manuals? Monster Manual I, Monster Manual 2, Monster Manual 3, or Fiend Follo?

If it does, which one? I thought it was in 1st and second edition but did it end of on the cutting room floor for 3rd and 3.5? If it didn't make the cut does anyone know why?

If it does appear in any manual which one?

Thanks in advance for any help on this matter

Cephas

seramosa said:
Does Bigfoot(aka Abominable Snowman,Sasquatch,Yeti)appear in any of the manuals? Monster Manual I, Monster Manual 2, Monster Manual 3, or Fiend Follo?

If it does, which one? I thought it was in 1st and second edition but did it end of on the cutting room floor for 3rd and 3.5? If it didn't make the cut does anyone know why?

The Menace Manual for d20 Modern has it (Sasquatch on page 80, Yeti on page 95). I think it was handed off to d20 Modern since they are modern-day, "real world" urban legend/folklore type monsters.

I think those creatures were recently added to the MSRD (with most of the creatures from the d20M-MM) if you'd like to take a look at them.

Turanil

First Post
The Menace Manual (monster book of d20 modern, sold 13$ on Amazon.com, one of the best WotC monster books) features:

1) the SASQUATCH (p.81), who is the degenrated descendant of an alien specie come to Earth in a distant past. They are 3d8 hit-dice creatures whho can get class levels. The book says they must be not confused with yetis.

2) the YETI (p.95), who is a 4d8 hit dice monster that can advance up to 12d8, but cannot get a class. Compared to the 1E yeti, this one doesn't get the paralyzing gaze attack.

Gez

First Post
The Yeti is in the Tome of Horrors, Oriental Adventure, and a Dragon issue whose number I forgot.
The Taer, a close relative of the Yeti, is in the Tome of Horrors and Unapproachable East.

You can also do as I did before all these books were published and use the Bugbear.

seramosa

First Post
Which Dragon issue does the yeti appear in?

Which Dragon issue does the yeti appear in?

Thanks again for the help on this matter?

Cephas

WebberM

First Post
I believe you are referring to the game. I wish you all the luck. I also have a hard time finding the yeti when I'm playing. In reality, some people will go to considerable lengths to prove the presence of mythical creatures like the yeti. Not sure if you've heard about a supposed yeti finger, which was smuggled out of China by acting professional Jimmy Stewart, has been confirmed to be a fake. Source for this article: DNA testing reveals yeti finger is a fraud

Remove ads