Does England have strange bugs that leave necrotized wounds?

Bagpuss

Legend
But the tables had cute little place settings and...
really? No one?

At best we tolerate them. When did you last visit during the steam age?

Although admittedly it seems like some of the carriages they use haven't been replace/refurbished since then.

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
There have been rare cases of Black Widows being found in bags of bananas, but False Widows actual have populations in the south of England, that are steadily moving north thanks to warm climates.

They must be using some sort of English spider magic, because we all know, the climate does not change. Ever.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Maybe not... but if you live in the UK you know weather changes every 5 minutes, usually through various shades of miserable.

I love all the various Britons words for Weather, they are so dank and mawky - Mizzling, Tippling, Luttering, Plothering, Pelting. Siling down like cats and dogs

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I love all the various Britons words for Weather, they are so dank and mawky - Mizzling, Tippling, Luttering, Plothering, Pelting. Siling down like cats and dogs

I’ve never heard any of those except pelting it down like cats & dogs. And I’m pretty sure I’ve never heard anybody say that out loud!

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I’ve never heard any of those except pelting it down like cats & dogs. And I’m pretty sure I’ve never heard anybody say that out loud!

yeah like Wuthering, I'd suspect most of them are northern dialect terms and now preserved only in literature and parody

I do know that Plothering comes from the Midlands, and my Prestonian grandfather used Mawky

Remove ads