• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Does he seem a bit lock-happy to anybody else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
(As for criticizing Eric's avatar, you may want to stop while you're ahead; I don't think you're helping your case any.)

After all... how many Avatars have their own Fan Club?

(Although on the topic of hypnotic avatars, I find Piratecat's little twinkles somehow draw me in every time... "A pattern of shifting colors weaves through the air, fascinating creatures within it. Affected creatures gaze at the lights, heedless of all else...")

-Hyp.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
RakeRon said:
I guess those two think that even though the site is no longer under Eric's complete control they believe he acts like he still does.

Heh - because it is, as it is for any of the moderators and administrators. Even then, excepting the boss (Morrus) Eric is a first among equals, and I dare say that we gladly defer to his judgment. He's better at this than most of us.

RakeRon, thanks for the apology.

Angcuru

First Post
Re: Re: Re: *Dons Eyeglasses*

RakeRon said:
AnGcuru tends to be strongly opionated on the net and excorsizes freedom of speech to the full extent getting him in trouble really easilly.

You know, you're right about that one. I'm actually quite silent on most matters in general conversation but once I get started, I keep going. One of my more significant faults. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

EricNoah

Adventurer
I'm just gonna ... pretend that whole "drunk with power" thing never happened. ;)

RakeRon -- Thanks for taking the time to weigh in, it's very helpful to hear your side of the story. In the future, if I do something that just doesn't make sense to you, you can always feel free to drop me an e-mail and I'll explain in more detail.

Angcuru -- good luck on the driver's test, watch out for the parallel parking!

Everyone else -- thanks for the kind words of support.

RakeRon

First Post
Piratecat said:

Heh - because it is, as it is for any of the moderators and administrators. Even then, excepting the boss (Morrus) Eric is a first among equals, and I dare say that we gladly defer to his judgment. He's better at this than most of us.

RakeRon, thanks for the apology.

Thats the thing though, Eric let Morrus have control over the site. To them this means Morrus has more authority than Eric and it no longer belongs to him. To those two he's nothing more than one of the other mods. I dunno, I can't explain why but they show more respect to you and Morrus than any other of the mods. BTW: you're welcome.

EricNoah

Adventurer
RakeRon said:

Thats the thing though, Eric let Morrus have control over the site. To them this means Morrus has more authority than Eric and it no longer belongs to him. To those two he's nothing more than one of the other mods. I dunno, I can't explain why but they show more respect to you and Morrus than any other of the mods.

I guess on looking at it from the point of view of someone who hasn't been around from the beginning (and I guess that's a lot of folks), it is a little weird. You'll have to take it on faith that while it's not a traditional power structure or chain of command, it does seem to work for the most part. So, for example, when I go and post a big "let's review the rules" type thing, it's not simply because I'm running past Russ's authority; it's more like I'm anticipating a need, or responding to a general sense of what's been going on in the mod's forum ("do you think we need to remind people of what the rules are?") or on the boards at large.

The best part of the arrangement is that Russ can go away for several days if necessary (as he did this weekend, I believe) and yet his "way of doing things" continues fairly seamlessly -- because the mods all have the same basic philosophy and goals in mind. It really is like several guys sharing one brain, in a way.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
It really is like several guys sharing one brain, in a way.

But how many souls do you have between you?

It's important to know if one of you casts Magic Jar.

(And don't pretend you can't - I've seen Editorial comments in other people's messages from you guys. How else do they get there, unless you're temporarily forcing their souls into a little gem and possessing their bodies, hmm?)

-Hyp.

kreynolds

First Post
RakeRon said:
OMG! THE MODS ARE BORG SLIVERS!:D

Well, that's certainly better than a dozen people in one room, each with their own brains. You know what they say about collective IQ. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads