• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Does your gaming take a hit because of the holidays?

maggot

First Post
I get virtually no gaming in between Thanksgiving and New Years. This year gaming when on hiatus weeks before Thanksgiving and will probably start up a few weeks after New Years. Jobs, family, vacations, etc. They all intervene. It doesn't help that we had a TPK in one game, so we need to restart.

Are you kidding? We're nearly all married with kids; the holidays are prime gaming times!
Spring and Fall are more of a detriment. (darned school functions)

Yes indeed. I've put the current campaign on hold form about Dec 8th until the 29th. To much holiday stuff to do, not enough time and all that. Of course with my one year old flying around the house I've found that everything seems to take longer than it used to. :D

-Ashrum

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Actually my main group still gets togehter right up until the week before Christmas. Also, I acquired a new group as of 12/16. I was wanting a new group from Santa so that I could game more, but he got me one 9 days early. :p

Bad Paper

First Post
heck no

I am active in two campaigns: #1 as DM, #2 as PC. (sadly numbers 3 and 4 are on indefinite hold) Two months ago my wife (and the druid in #1) gave birth, and that party's fighter has been living in Switzerland (instead of rainy California) so there was no gaming during the autumn. however...

#1 is playing three times in December, and #2 is playing two times! After months of drought! :D

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
well, our mostly Jewish group was going to play on christmas, but two of them came down with the flu, and the DM decided to cancel the extra-curricular game (our usual game night is wednesday) since i wasn't going to be there anyway.

Remove ads