• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Does your group have a website/messageboard?

Does your group use messageboards or websites for your campaign?

• You mean to tell me there are messageboards other than ENWorld?

Votes: 26 20.2%
  • We have one or both but they aren't used

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • We have them but I hate them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • We have them but I am the only one who ever posts

Votes: 22 17.1%
  • We have them and they rock!

Votes: 71 55.0%

• Poll closed .

jcfiala

Explorer
I've got three yahoogroups that I use for three campaigns, although one of them is dead and a second is probably dead.

It's useful - you can keep track of when you're getting together, people can post if they can't show up on such-and-such a day, you can type in handouts for pernament storage...

wingnut_dc

Explorer
I usually create a site with every campaign I run thinking that the players would use it. I am the only one who ever posts information on it, so I end up deleting them since I am the only one who looks at it as well.

It shouldn't suprise me, the players never do anything outside of gameday. (update characters, create shopping lists, notes, etc.) :(

genshou

First Post
Frater said:
*the Dm rolls a dice behind a screen*

"The other messageboards are still there, in your line of sight, people are speaking of them around you..."

Can it really be?...

NO! Don't believe Frater! He's just another part of the illusion! Come back in here, Drowbane... it's an unsafe place outside these walls, full of twisted and dark things...

The Cardinal

First Post
I started with yahoogroups, but now we've got a pool of 20+ players and 2-4 GMs, so we needed our own messageboard: the common calendar for all our campaign sessions *alone* would have been worth the effort :)

DragonLancer

Adventurer
I haven't voted because you don't have an appropriate response for me. My group doesn't use a messageboard or website, instead we use a yahoo Egroup for communication and the like.

Katcracker

First Post
My group is apparently an abnormality. We send session notes by just using e-mail and keep the subject line the same from one session to the next. If we tried a board or a website I just don't think it would get used except by maybe one or two. So if someone wants to do somethign they better show up for game time, and it also acts a greater push to have games more frequently.

Zulithe

Explorer
I have a site where I keep the house rules, campaign setting history, NPC details, useful links, news updates and the like. There is no forum or yahoo group because more than half of my players are still in the stoneage and don't even have internet access.

The site is mostly for my own use. Both as an orderly and accessible way to store campaign details, and as a hobby on the side.

werk

First Post
We have them:
Yahoo groups page for file storage, emails, and calendar.
Forum for conversation, questions, etc.

But they don't really get used much other than the calendar.

howandwhy99

Adventurer
We've gone from Yahoo to phpBB. It's a remarkable difference, but we still use Yahoo for reminders and such.

Right now I'm working in MediaWiki and it's simplicity and categorization abilities are tempting me to add yet another website for the group. :rollseyes:

Remove ads