Doesn't this just SCREAM for an adventure/campaign?

MasterLich

First Post
To my understanding Venus can be terraformed, but it would take a god aweful time to do so. Mars would be easier fer us now. Fer Venus we would have to convert a great deal of CO2 to O2 with bacteria but there arent many forms of bacteria that can survive very long in that climate. We would have to do it very very very very slowly.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
From what I understand, the way the Earth deals with run away greenhouse gasses is by precipitation -- H2O falls, mixes with atmospheric CO2, and forms carbonic acid, which then erodes stone (forming calcite deposits and making cool caves in the process).

A few Decanters of Endless Water in low orbit... ;)

-- Nifft

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Nail said:
There are some sci fi books like this. I forget the author, but the latest trilogy I've read was "Red Mars", then "Green Mars", then "Blue Mars".

Goes thru those three "stages" you were talking about.

I'd once considered a series of stories that took place all at the same stage of colony development, but under different iconic ecomonic models that different companies ran their colonies off of... and if I ever run a space campaign, The Company Store will definitly make an apearance...

Kahuna Burger

Remove ads